• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Ending of Wolf's Rain

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Faytalist

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 4:06 am Reply with quote
I just finished Wolf's Rain and I just want to get out my interpertation of it's ending.

Personaly, I loved it along with the rest of the series. Like Eva, the ending can be interperted differently and that can be good or bad. Unlike Eva though, Wolf's Rain can be seen as a good or bad ending. Most of Eva's interpertations are basically depressing all around, just some more so than others.

My view of Wolf's Rain's ending is a pretty happy one.
spoiler[At the beginning of ep 27, Darcia (I believe) says that the planet has been repeatedly destroyed and revived. It was revived as Paradise up to the current time. This makes since since Paradise is a world of only wolfs and humans spwaned from wolfs. Once humans arose, it was no longer Paradise and the wolfs slowly dwindled in population. Then as humans began to live on, the world ends and Paradise is opened again and the remaining wolfs return to start everything over agin a new.]

That's one of my ideas, but now that I think about it.

spoiler[It must have been Darcia's wolf eye that survived since it was yellow and crossed over to Paradise. If you think of it this way, then Darcia technechly opened Paradise. Once Paradise was created, then Darcia's eye poisoned it and turned it into a false Paradise which turned back into the world with humans in it.]

These are just what I think about the ending and I literaly just finished the seires. But still, does anyone know why at the end you see spoiler[that weird girl Mya, Maya, whatever from the dream world Kiba got lost in?]
totalgeek

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 10:09 am Reply with quote
I don't think it was the girl that Kiba saw from that earlier episode, but I could be wrong. Are you talking about spoiler[the final scene in the city where Kiba is seen starting to run toward Paradise once again? If so, then it was actually Toboe you saw. They show all of the wolves one last time. Toboe was playing with a cat or something, I forgot what Hige was doing, and Tsume was riding a motorcycle.]

As for the part about Darcia, I think you pretty much got it, although I would clarify by saying spoiler[I don't think it was Darcia who opened Paradise, but it WAS he who spoiled Paradise. By Darcia being there, and his cursed eye surviving (remember that his eye actually fertilized one of the plants after Paradise began to emerge, giving it a twinge of evil), Paradise collapsed and the world was reborn as it was.]

In fact, I don't believe spoiler[that Paradise was opened at all, even for a brief moment. My interpretation has always been that IF Darcia hadn't shown up at all, Kiba and the wolves would have succeeded in opening Paradise. But, since Darcia was there, Kiba merely caused the world to be reborn with imperfection and sin (from Darcia).]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1