• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Announcement: Launching of Anime Network Petition/Campaign

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
normaav

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 5:48 pm Reply with quote
Hey fellow anime fans. I have launched an online petition for the Anime Network a 24/7 Channel. Your help is needed to get it on air on DISH, Direct TV, and TWC. Please help by signing the petition and writing to the respective companies. Note though I haven't yet posted contact info for Direct TV and TWC. I am still working on the site. But for now please sign the petition and write to DISH Network (fellow DISH Network Customers). Here is the link to the campaign page:
http://www.navdesdesatx.net/AnimeTVPC.htm
Iemander

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 6:40 pm Reply with quote
Praise for the effort, but I very much doubt that the petition would have any effect. Petitions rarely influence important decisions, especially not ones this big.
normaav

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 8:19 pm Reply with quote
Iemander, thank you for the comment and response. this is a response and this is for all readers as well. Petitions are very effective and so many have huge success who use petition hosting service from petitiononline.com where I host my petitions. Big corporations, etc. actually do look at the petitions and respond to them. An example is the Tsunami Song that had racial slurs had a great big effect in getting results. Here's a true story and another example. Last year at a time when I was into horror books, films, and series - I launched a campaign and petition to get a horror channel created. But, however I gave up because I thought it was a dead issue. I was shocked when a long time later I discovered that the petition worked after all and the voices of those who signed the petition was heard. Now renowned horror authors directors etc created and lauched a horror channel which is still in its infancy. They are asking people for help to get them on air by launching their own campaigns and petitions. I say only all this to make a point. Anything is possible. I also wrote to Anime Network and they responded that they need more people like myself to lanuch their own campaigns and petitions. This is another point. It takes alot of effort and hard work but we must work together and do all we can not giving up no matter how futile it might seem. Smile
Nirvana

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 9:29 pm Reply with quote
Can't hurt to try Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1