• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anyone know a good site to get avatars that are small enough

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
integra_fan

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 12:48 am Reply with quote
Um, ok, so my subject was too long for me to put in the question mark. Does anyone know a site that has good avatars that are small enough to use over here? All of the pictures I have are too big. Oh, yes, um, it would be best if the site has Hellsing ones.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
v1cious

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 12:52 am Reply with quote
just search google for "Irfanview" it allows you to resize pictures to make them small enough for an avatar.

Last edited by v1cious on Sat Jun 11, 2005 1:07 am; edited 1 time in total
msi435

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 12:57 am Reply with quote
Just go in paint select the 80X80 part of the big picture you want (like the face or something) cut it, select the rest of the painting and delete it, paste the cut out part shrink the picture size to match the cut out size, and TADA!! Your avatar is finished. (There are probably easier ways to do it... I'm just an old fashioned paint guy)

edit -- Listen to v1cious not me! We posted at the same time. Embarassed
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
integra_fan

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 1:55 am Reply with quote
Thanks you guys.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
kusanagi-sama

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 2:07 am Reply with quote
You can also use MSPaint to resize an image, just go to the image menu ---> Sketch/Skew (Ctrl+W) and choose a percentage to resize it.

If you have MSOffice, you can use MS Photo Editor, and resize it giving it a pixel number. Click on Image on the toolbar --> resize and when the dialogue box pops up, choose from the drop down menu "pixels", checkmark "smooth" and in one of the two boxes above that type 80 and click ok.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
philg

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 6:34 am Reply with quote
http://www.digik.net/avatars.php
Very good website for wallpapers and avatars.. although I had to crop my new avatar a little bit. ANN has unusually small avatars I think.
one3rd

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 3:40 pm Reply with quote
You can also use http://www.google.com . Amazingly, you can use the site to search for just about anything on the internet! Just enter in what you're looking for!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1