• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
New YUYU Hadusho Eps?

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lamel2g

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 10:58 am Reply with quote
Anyone know or heard anything about cartoonnetwork airing the rest of yuyu hakusho episodes??. Adult swim should be airing yuyu hakusho instead of paranoia agent because yuyu fits better because it is more of a action show.
Nionel

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 11:41 am Reply with quote
Paranoia Agent is a quality title, just give it some time...

As far as Yu Yu is concerned, I imagine they'll wrap that series up on Toonami at some point in the next year or so, and even if they do have the new epis, Yu Yu has been on Toonami since the Dark Tournament stuff and it'll probably never see the light of day on AS again because of this...
Suikoden6880

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 11:51 am Reply with quote
You could always get the DVD with the eps. after they stopped showing YYH. Cool
Kruszer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 4:05 pm Reply with quote
Whenever Funi finishes dubbing the series I imagine as it's pretty close to the end CN wants to finish it up with one last batch. There's the end of Chapter Black and then another short arc and that's it. Buy the DVDs if you really can't wait, currently they've released through episode 106.
Nagisa

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 8:13 pm Reply with quote
lamel2g wrote:
Adult swim should be airing yuyu hakusho instead of paranoia agent because yuyu fits better because it is more of a action show.

How does a children's action cartoon fit better on Adult Swim than a show MADE FOR ADULTS? Confused
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Mitsuhide A.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 10:16 pm Reply with quote
Adult swim action is a bit inappropriately name as it doesnt really refer to action as much as it refers to anime so Paranoia Agent is in the right place. Anyway, Yu Yu Hakusho will likely air with new eps this fall during Toonami.
JustinSane

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:33 am Reply with quote
Nagisa wrote:
lamel2g wrote:
Adult swim should be airing yuyu hakusho instead of paranoia agent because yuyu fits better because it is more of a action show.

How does a children's action cartoon fit better on Adult Swim than a show MADE FOR ADULTS? Confused

Don't forget that when YuYu Hakisho first aired it was on Adult Swim but was later replaced by InuYasha when that first aired. They only aired the Spirit Detective Saga which most of you probably already know.
Nagisa

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:48 am Reply with quote
JustinSane wrote:
Don't forget that when YuYu Hakisho first aired it was on Adult Swim

Of course, but that was also back when Adult Swim was first starting out. It was basically "whatever anime we can get" at that time. But now they have enough shows that were genuinely produced with a more adult audience in mind (Ghost in the Shell: Stand-Alone Complex, Paranoia Agent, Witch Hunter Robin, etc.) that "violent children's shows that we can show uncut" just aren't as much on the menu anymore. Granted, Adult Swim is showing Fullmetal Alchemist & s-CRY-ed (though Fullmetal Alchemist is a bit of an anomaly, being a kid's show with some pretty heavy-hitting writing to its name), and Inu-Yasha was an all-ages family show in Japan, but I think the point still stands that a tournament-fighter show aimed at an elementary school crowd really shouldn't logically replace an adult's show on an adult's programming block.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
emory

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 9:22 am Reply with quote
it doesnt look like Yu Yu Hakusho's coming back to Toonami. They're booked solid with JLU, Teen Titans, The Batman, and IGPX, One Piece, Naruto and Bobobo. If it pops up anywhere in the future, it'll probably be Friday night at 1 AM.
ShinobiX

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 5:18 pm Reply with quote
You could go to tvtome.com and click on U.S. Current Episodes icon. If it's not there, that means the show wont be airing in the U.S. anymore or it got cut. The show Get Backers use too air in the U.S. in the year of 2004, but it got cut.
Nagisa

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:49 pm Reply with quote
emory wrote:
If it pops up anywhere in the future, it'll probably be Friday night at 1 AM.

Highly doubtful. Last word I heard was that Gundam SEED Destiny was going to fill that spot next following an encore of Gundam SEED. Apparently SEED, with its passable-yet-not-wholly-outstanding ratings, managed to give that timeslot a healthy boost or something, resulting in it staying right where it is for the time being.
emory

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 8:06 pm Reply with quote
Nagisa wrote:
emory wrote:
If it pops up anywhere in the future, it'll probably be Friday night at 1 AM.

Highly doubtful. Last word I heard was that Gundam SEED Destiny was going to fill that spot next following an encore of Gundam SEED. Apparently SEED, with its passable-yet-not-wholly-outstanding ratings, managed to give that timeslot a healthy boost or something, resulting in it staying right where it is for the time being.
Where'd you hear that CN got SEED Destiny?
Nagisa

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 8:11 pm Reply with quote
I forget exactly where, but I know it came soon after the announcement of the license.
emory

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 8:51 pm Reply with quote
Nagisa wrote:
I forget exactly where, but I know it came soon after the announcement of the license.
If it were official I'd imagine the internet would be all over it, so I'll believe it when I see/read it.
Emerje

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 10:17 pm Reply with quote
ShinobiX wrote:
You could go to tvtome.com and click on U.S. Current Episodes icon.

TV Tome is only as reliable as the gullible kids that update it. Don't believe anything there that isn't backed up with a source or comon knowledge.

emory wrote:
it doesnt look like Yu Yu Hakusho's coming back to Toonami. They're booked solid with JLU, Teen Titans, The Batman, and IGPX, One Piece, Naruto and Bobobo.

That's a little hard to believe, there's always room to move stuff around. By the fall they'll have easily run out of One Piece episodes, Teen Titans could go back and forth to Miguzi as needed and so could The Batman, Rave Master and Dual Masters can be removed altogether.

About the only thing going against Yu Yu right now is that it wasn't part of the Cartoon Network preview, but then neither were some confirmed shows like Transformers Cybertron.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2