• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
GITS:SAC Volume 5 - Phone Card

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
radicaledward

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 12:35 pm Reply with quote
I just bought GITS:SAC volume 5 (standard edition) at Best Buy the other night (haven't watched it yet though), and apparently it came with a 30 minute phone card in it as well. Does anyone know if this is a Best Buy exclusive (from the looks of the card it is), or is it a generic limited collectable like the Last Exile inserts were?
slickwataris

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 12:41 pm Reply with quote
From what I heard, the phone card is supposed to be in all of the special edition ones.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
radicaledward

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 12:42 pm Reply with quote
slickwataris wrote:
From what I heard, the phone card is supposed to be in all of the special edition ones.
This was the non-special edition of the DVD, no second disk, no lousy ID card, just the normal DVD and a phone card.
Kazuki-san

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 1:51 pm Reply with quote
Well, there's a fairly easy way to tell. If the phone card was inside of the DVD case, then it's not a BB only deal. If they gave you the card when you checked out, then it is.
Jkid

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 2:35 pm Reply with quote
no lousy ID card

What ID card?
radicaledward

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 2:59 pm Reply with quote
Kazuki-san wrote:
Well, there's a fairly easy way to tell. If the phone card was inside of the DVD case, then it's not a BB only deal. If they gave you the card when you checked out, then it is.
This is where things get interesting - there is a sticker on the shirk wrap that says there is a free 30 minute phone card inside, and then when you open the case the phone card is inside. However, the phone card has a small Best Buy logo on it at the bottom along with the rest of the companies involved with GITS:SAC. I may have to post a scan of it tonight so you can see what I mean, but has anyone else gotten the phone card in a copy not bought at Best Buy?

Jkid wrote:
no lousy ID card

What ID card?
The special editions of volume 4 and 5 have both come with ID cards as the extra, in addition to the second DVD.
Kazuki-san

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 3:40 pm Reply with quote
And here is the answer.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 10:12 pm Reply with quote
A question for those who got the phone cards like myself, do they expire? I don't see an obvious expiration date though I don't have a magnifying glass to read the fine print.
biliano

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 10:36 pm Reply with quote
Kruszer wrote:
A question for those who got the phone cards like myself, do they expire? I don't see an obvious expiration date though I don't have a magnifying glass to read the fine print.

The phone card expires 12 months after the date of activation. For example, if you activate the card today (March 29, 2005), it will expire March 29, 2006, or when you use up the 30 minutes, whichever comes first.
Dagwood

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 11:03 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
...has anyone else gotten the phone card in a copy not bought at Best Buy?

Sorry, I bought mine at Best Buy too. It was funny though, I wanted to get a phone card and vol. 5, but I didn't have enough money. The phone card deal couldn't have come at a better time; it made my day.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1