• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The 1st Episode, That Made You Not Watch It Again.

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ev0luti0nzer0

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 4:55 am Reply with quote
Could you tell the name of the anime that you watched which put you off and so you just couldnt touch it anymore, and have a reason with it.

Well, I was watching this anime it was "Mahou Shoujo Tai". The story line was very poor. Like the story line was very boring,and it had a wannabe magic girl show. It put me off and also the way the creators of it drew the characters was the poorest drawings i have ever seen in the anime industry.

Last edited by ev0luti0nzer0 on Sun Mar 27, 2005 5:04 am; edited 1 time in total
ev0luti0nzer0

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 5:05 am Reply with quote
Sorry There, i accidently didn't see the Thread i replied to, so here is a new one.
Sakurazukamori

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 6:09 am Reply with quote
ev0luti0nzer0 wrote:

Well, I was watching this anime it was "Mahou Shoujo Tai". The story line was very poor. Like the story line was very boring,and it had a wannabe magic girl show.

I agree about Mahou Shojo Tai : I watch the first episode and didn't want to see more.

There are also "Peach Girl", "Aishiteruze Baby" and "W-Wish" : very poor story with very poor characters. These 1st episodes were like a torture. (I even don't finish the 1st of Peach)
philg

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 7:18 am Reply with quote
Earth Girl Arjuna.

I actually bought the first DVD so I had tyo watch the 4 or 5 episodes that were on it because I didn't want to waste it. But it was extremely poor, it basically copied all anime with the main character being a heroine (princess mononoke, nausicaa, sailor moon, many more)

Hmm I can't think of many more though, one possible would be Samurai Girl Realbout Highschool, but I was watching that with a non-anime-liking friend so I didn't really have the courage to get into the series.
Illumina

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 10:20 am Reply with quote
some popular anime that i never saw past the first episode:

azumanga daioh- uhhh, maybe im retarded, but i just dont get the humer at all.
onegai twins- i loved onegai teacher, but twins just looks kinda stupid, the girls looks like they r 13, and everything seems soo forced.
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 12:20 pm Reply with quote
First episode of Gungrave.

I first saw it on fansubs, and it looked really hideous. The picture was way too dark, and there were too many still shots during the action sequences. Content wise was no better since I thought it was some Hellsing rip-off.
Key

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 2:45 pm Reply with quote
Wedding Peach. I almost gagged just trying to sit through all of the first episode.

Gravion. Maybe the worst mecha I've ever seen.

Bast of Syndrome. Hell, I didn't even finish the first episode of this one. . .
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Seanb
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 2:50 pm Reply with quote
Illumina wrote:
some popular anime that i never saw past the first episode:

azumanga daioh- uhhh, maybe im retarded, but i just don't get the humer at all.
onegai twins- i loved onegai teacher, but twins just looks kinda stupid, the girls looks like they r 13, and everything seems soo forced.

Illumina, let's stick to complete words. "r" won't cut it around here.
abunai
Old Regular

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 3:17 pm Reply with quote
Hmm... for me, I'd have to say:

1) Weiss Kreuz - though I am no more fazed by the presence of large amounts of bishounen than by ample pantie shots and boob jokes, there was just something about the entire weak premise of this anime that rubbed me the wrong way. I gave it up after trying to watch several episodes, but I knew from the start that it was a doomed effort. Bottom line: If I'm going to wallow in bishie-boys, let it be Ayashi no Ceres or something like that. At least, there's a plot there.

2) Battle Programmer Shirase - Yawn. From the very first episode, yawn. Or, to quote my own capsule review in MyAnime:
Quote:
Angsty, quasi-misanthropic "hacker" with a heart of gold. Medium-sloppy animation and poor characterisation. Poor grasp of the computer tech that is supposed to be the gimmick of the storyline. In other words: bleah, bleah, bleah.

3) Hikaru no Go - I've been known to play go, so I had expected to like this anime. Yet, from the very beginning, it was just another crappy fight-anime, with all the warmed-over rhetoric of the tritest the genre has to offer.

Three "honourable mentions":

4) Yugo the Negotiator (which was poorly conceived from the start, and went downhill from there)

5) Kenran Butoh Sai: The Mars Daybreak (which was just plain derivative, uninteresting and boring)

6) Ultimate Girls (which might have been fun, if it hadn't been so less-than mediocre)

- abunai
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Tenchi

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 3:59 pm Reply with quote
I usually give everything a "one volume" chance.

Back at my old anime club, one anime I bailed out on after one episode was Berserk, which I'm aware a lot of people like. Not saying it's crap, just that sort of violent swordplay fantasy anime most certainly is not my bag.

My online friend liked it, though.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ShellBullet

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 4:05 pm Reply with quote
Tenchi wrote:
I usually give everything a "one volume" chance.

Back at my old anime club, one anime I bailed out on after one episode was Berserk, which I'm aware a lot of people like. Not saying it's crap, just that sort of violent swordplay fantasy anime most certainly is not my bag.

My online friend liked it, though.

Well, of course if you see just the first episode; that one episode is out of synch with the rest of the series. Now, if you had seen the second or third episode and still didn't like it, at least you would have an idea what the show is really like.
beast

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 4:23 pm Reply with quote
Aquarian Age

Promising characters, setting, relationships, music, atmosphere.. everything. -> Very Happy
Enter some funky, freakish fighters. -> Shocked .. Confused .. Sad
Tenchi

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 4:47 pm Reply with quote
ShellBullet wrote:

Well, of course if you see just the first episode; that one episode is out of synch with the rest of the series. Now, if you had seen the second or third episode and still didn't like it, at least you would have an idea what the show is really like.

Eh, I've read enough spoilers for the rest of the series to know that the subject matter and story arc just is not the sort I would find interesting to watch.

I'm never going to write a bad review of the series after watching just one episode, but I can tell it's the sort of series that is not for me.
v1cious

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 6:03 pm Reply with quote
Seargent Keroro.
i don't what it is about this show, but i just don't get the humor at all.
Ohoni

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 8:25 pm Reply with quote
Maria ga Miteru. I'd heard a lot of buzz about it, but I couldn't even get halfway through the first episode. I skipped through the rest of the episode, didn't see anything worth sticking around for, and promptly deleted it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5