• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Why hasn't Stitch! come to North America?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kanjineogeo

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:08 pm Reply with quote
This anime has came to Australia, United Kingdom, and Asia. so why hasn't it come to North America? It's been released just about everywhere else. I am guessing some sort of copyright problem.
Guren Alchemist4

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:34 pm Reply with quote
It has come to the US. It's called Lilo and Stitch and it airs or aired on the Disney channel. lol
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:01 pm Reply with quote
(GA, it's a different series)

Huh, for some reason I thought it had been, but I guess not.... ah, that's right, I read some angry posts at toonzone last year about the English dubs and just assumed that meant it would be showing on Disney in North America soon.

Oh well, you know as much as I do. I figure it will show eventually. Its wiki page has release date of "2011" listed- but gives no source for that date.

It's not something I care too much about one way or another. Maybe it's "too Japanese" or something.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Guren Alchemist4

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:17 pm Reply with quote
Embarassed at least you'll get some Stitch action. Laughing
Paploo

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:28 pm Reply with quote
From my understanding it's supposed to air on Disney Channel in 2011, though I can't seem to find a link for it. Disney's rolled it out worldwide, so I imagine we'll get it on one of their channels sooner or later [DisneyXD, Disney or Playhouse DIsney]
Koniii

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:18 pm Reply with quote
It'll probably be airing on Disney Anime hyper because its considered anime >.>'
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1