• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
[done] Name change required for Katsuhiro Ono

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Patounet

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:29 pm Reply with quote
Hi, first time posting and I want to say thanks for all the useful information here.

There is an error for the person #76289, the kanji are correct, however the romanization of the name is ONO and not ODA as stated in the article.

Have a nice evening,
Pat
doc-watson42
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:59 am Reply with quote
Link: ODA. ENAMDICT lists "Ono" as a valid reading for "小野", but not "Oda".

The Japanese Wikipedia page given as proof now contains no such character string. However, allcinema credits someone with the same kanji name with the same task for Disgaea. More:

http://www.google.com/search?q=%22小野+勝弘%22
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:38 pm Reply with quote
The data was entered on 2009-04-08
Curiously the historic copy of the page at that date is showing in my browser as visited, but I have no recollection as to why.
Anyway, at the time there was a line that read:
"音響制作担当:小野勝弘"
The bulk of the credits were stripped out a month later, and the only reason given was a link to Wikiproject Anime. I can only assume they made a decision to reduce staff information on anime pages to the bare essentials.

I imagine the person who entered the information will be along sooner or later and can hopefully confirm that it was just a data entry error, but I'm curious - why single out this person who only has a single credit to their name?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Devil Doll

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:55 pm Reply with quote
Kanji name and credit deleted (as it was me who entered them back then).

Doujin Work had awfully few credits (almost nothing except for the seiyuu) so I contributed what Wikipedia had in store at that time when I happened to stumble over this anime (which I haven't even watched myself).
I don't remember whether I created the person under the (obviously) wrong romanized name or whether I wrongly assigned the kanji name to it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1