• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
[done] Aquarion OVAs

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:12 am Reply with quote
We currently have an entry for
Aquarion: Wings of Betrayal (OAV) and a new title submission for Sousei No Aquarion - Wings of Glory (OAV).

There are two Aquarion OVA:
http://www.aquarion.info/ova/dvd/index.html
http://www.aquarion.info/ova/dvd2/index.html

I know we recently had a discussion about OVA episode titles (although I cannot find it) and for a single-episode OVA I was advised not to use the episode list but to list the episode title as an alternate title. Since there are two episodes here should I:

Approve the second OVA as a separate entry and remove the episode list from the first.

Reject the second OVA, change the main title of the first OVA to "Aquation (OVA)" or "Sousei no Aquation (OVA)" and move both subtitles to the episode list.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:47 pm Reply with quote
I think it depends on a few factors:

Are they a "series"? (ie: does the first one end "to be continued" ?)
When the first OVA was announced, did they also announce the second one (ie: are they part of the same project?)

If either answer is yes, enter them as 1 OAV with multiple episodes. If both answers are no, enter them as separate OAVs.

-t
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:54 pm Reply with quote
From our own news coverage, it looks like they were both announced together:

"Sousei no Aquarion: Uragiri no Tsubasam [sic], a two episode OAV spin-off was recently announced, however it has not yet been released in Japan."
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2007-01-24/funimation-acquires-aquarion

Has anyone actually seen them so can confirm?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
egoist

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:35 pm Reply with quote
Shiroi Hane wrote:
Has anyone actually seen them so can confirm?

Yep. They're the same. Basically OAV one has no ending, while OAV two is the continuation of OAV one. Good OAVs btw, but it's just that Aquarion sickens me for no apparent reason.

Just a quick question, while we're at it. Why is this not split, while these two are? Wouldn't it be better to simply do the same to the latter? While the first(Kara no Kyoukai) would actually stand as single stories following a faint main plot, and the second is a direct split in half story.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1