• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
[done] Yōsuke MATSUZAWA (#83002)

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:57 pm Reply with quote
person#83002

Another double-header, but currently only one credit apeice which I hope makes this an easy one.

松澤洋介
Dennou Coil (脚本)
http://www.tokuma.co.jp/coil/story/15.html
http://www7.atwiki.jp/anime_wiki/pages/85.html#MA

松澤陽介
Railgun (撮影)
http://wiki.livedoor.jp/radioi_34/d/とある科学の超電磁砲
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Devil Doll

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:06 pm Reply with quote
But then there's this D2 station page about Honey and Clover that contains both 松澤洋介 (for "2Dエフェクト&コンポジット" / "2D effect & composite" in episode 18) and 松澤陽介 (for "2Dエフェクト&コンポジット" in several other episodes)...
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:23 pm Reply with quote
..which confuses matters, but I'm still pretty sure we have two people here, since it would be a rather unusual role convergence otherwise.

Since that is the only place on the net you find those two names together and all the other episodes say 松澤陽介, I think that one instance of 松澤洋介 is just a typo.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Devil Doll

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:31 pm Reply with quote
I just looked into the ED credits of Honey&Clover episode 18 (the "2D" credit string is easy to find at 22:49 min), and indeed the original video says "松澤陽介", so D2_Station apparently has it wrong here.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:13 pm Reply with quote
Thanks, I didn't the actual credits of that series to hand to check.

Proves that D2_Station is just as fallible as wikipedia (although less open to wanton vandalism), but it could just as easily have been the credits wrong - it wouldn't be the first time; I've been entering Kidy Girl-and credits direct from the credit roll each week and have seen what is obviously the same person written two different ways, and company names written two or three different ways.
Dan42
Chief Encyclopedist

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:53 am Reply with quote
But still I'm not sure how to make the distinction. Scriptwriter and... photographer???
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:04 pm Reply with quote
Could you just put them under a generic "animation staff" or something?

I'm not all that clear on what 撮影 refers to in modern anime terms, I thought I remembered a recent discussion about it but can't find it now. The Japanese wiki page for 撮影 is altlanged to the English page for Cinematography.
The description here (under camera) clearly refers to the cel era when they actually photographed the cels onto film - I'm not sure what the do now as the technical part of this work is now just scanning.

Since there's usually still a DoP I assume they work under him. AIC refers to the DoP as the "Cinematography Director" and he comes after Digital Paint etc. but before compositing and I believe I have seen compositing in relation to 撮影 (but I'm not sure where).

I believe I have found a page explaining it in Japanese:
http://sites.google.com/site/annamillersclub/Home/anime-satsuei/whatis-anime-satuei
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1