• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Evangelion-- The best anime ever!!!

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Royal78

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 9:12 am Reply with quote
i just finished downloading the entire series of Neon genesis Evangelion, and I have to say that it is by far the greatest anime i've ever seen. The story, characters, humour, and plot twists are of the likes i've never seen. truly a masterpiece for any otaku.
Aaron White
Old Regular

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 11:50 am Reply with quote
And to show your appreciation for all the hard work that went into making it, you rewarded the creators by bootlegging their work instead of paying for it! Isn't that special.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime
Sousuke Segari

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 12:05 pm Reply with quote
Eva is Simpley amazing, Who was your Faviorite Charcter.
Vash_the_Stamp3d3

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 12:07 pm Reply with quote
Aaron White wrote:
And to show your appreciation for all the hard work that went into making it, you rewarded the creators by bootlegging their work instead of paying for it! Isn't that special.

Hahahaha. Yeah that is funny. I have yet to watch it, probably because I am poor buying other series at the moment. I was actually quite surprised too when I was reading Newtype-USA and the readers voted it to be number 1, beating shows I was sure were number 1 (Cowboy Bebop, Inuyasha, Trigun, etc.). Now they released the Platinum edition, which is funny isnt this the third release of it, they had a collectors edition already.

Maybe I should invest in lotto tickets......
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 12:09 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, if you like that much, how about investing in the R1 release of the Platinum series Smile?

The best place to get them that I know of is Deep Discount DVD.

$23.99 for Vol.1 + box and just $17.99 for each volume afterwards. They've all got great, remastered video quality, and you'll especially enjoy the Japanese 5.1 Dolby Digital (if you have surround sound, that is). I can't say much about the dub since I don't like any of ADV's "voice work," but yeah, I recommend this version if you want to start collecting it.

Also try RahXephon. I'm not even gonna' attempt making the comparisons to Eva, but just go ahead and try it. In fact, I like it more than Eva, but that's just me Anime smallmouth.
herbkir

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 12:09 pm Reply with quote
If you've found the series to be that extraordinary, Royal78, then you owe its creators the ultimate compliment -- your check for the legit DVDs. Get out there and buy them. The producers don't get one penny or one yen from the downloads you've done. (^_*)
Dachande

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 12:39 pm Reply with quote
Obviously the best character is Rei. And seriously what man on Earth wouldn't want to take a swim in the Reiquarium.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
SuperOnizuka

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 3:37 pm Reply with quote
I still haven't seen Evangelion. Anime smile + sweatdrop

I will, one day watch Evangelion and the rest of Rahxephon.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Bruce Lee

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 6:04 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Also try RahXephon. I'm not even gonna' attempt making the comparisons to Eva, but just go ahead and try it. In fact, I like it more than Eva, but that's just me .

I deffinately agree. I can't think of another show that so flawlessly blends different styles together and works so well. If your into shows with romance, mecha, action, or psychological thriller aspects, there's something here for you. spoiler[If you like actual endings that make sense, this is your show.] If you even remotely liked EVA, you owe it to yourself to see RahXephon.

Quote:
...shows I was sure were number 1 (Cowboy Bebop, Inuyasha, Trigun, etc.).

While those are all good shows in their own way, IMO, they're NO WHERE NEAR what RahXephon or even EVA are. If you're short on cash, rent EVA. But save up for RahXephon.
slickwataris

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 6:14 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, I'm a little short on cash as well. I already have the first dvd and its really good. I actually watched it twice. I need to get a job or something...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Haiseikoh 1973

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 6:50 pm Reply with quote
Evangelion the Greatest Anime? Feh, don't give it that much of a prop.

Overhyped, too long, drags in a few places, and glorifies certain actions that would cause a few SIG to go apes*** over.
darkhunter

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 6:57 pm Reply with quote
herbkir wrote:
If you've found the series to be that extraordinary, Royal78, then you owe its creators the ultimate compliment -- your check for the legit DVDs. Get out there and buy them. The producers don't get one penny or one yen from the downloads you've done. (^_*)

telling a downloading bootlegger to go buy something with his own cash is like telling a yakuza to go straight and not commit crime anymore..., it's not going to happen.

I found this topic repulsive, not because of the subject but because of the poster.
Advent_Nebula

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 8:59 pm Reply with quote
Bruce Lee wrote:
Quote:
Also try RahXephon. I'm not even gonna' attempt making the comparisons to Eva, but just go ahead and try it. In fact, I like it more than Eva, but that's just me .

I deffinately agree. I can't think of another show that so flawlessly blends different styles together and works so well. If your into shows with romance, mecha, action, or psychological thriller aspects, there's something here for you. spoiler[If you like actual endings that make sense, this is your show.] If you even remotely liked EVA, you owe it to yourself to see RahXephon.

Quote:
...shows I was sure were number 1 (Cowboy Bebop, Inuyasha, Trigun, etc.).

While those are all good shows in their own way, IMO, they're NO WHERE NEAR what RahXephon or even EVA are. If you're short on cash, rent EVA. But save up for RahXephon.

EVA is far better than RahXephon. I fond the ending to EVA made sence to me where the one to Rahxephon made me scrach my head and ask what the hell?
Kruszer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 9:08 pm Reply with quote
It was good, yes, but I've seen better.
Bruce Lee

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 10:00 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
I fond the ending to EVA made sence to me where the one to Rahxephon made me scrach my head and ask what the hell?

Seriously? You didn't understand? Was it the spoiler[happy] part, or the spoiler[good] part, because I know those were both missing in EVA. Rolling Eyes
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3