• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Kowarekake No Orgel and Innocence in Anime?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wu Ming

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:46 am Reply with quote
Well, a friend of mine just dropped his DVD copy of Kowarekake No Orgel. Its a very short, yet oddly touching little anime "short" about a musician who no longer has the heart to sing and a little robot girl living on borrowed time.

I was just wondering if there was even the hint of a possibility of a continuation. Or do we simply get a bittersweet ending?

As for the bigger topic at hand: Innocence in Anime?

Usually anime girls run into the typical categories that pander to otaku tastes. Tsunderes, robot-types, Genki Gals, etc. And there are (at least to me) some disturbing sexual trends toward minors.

But let's flip that for a second and talk about the other side of things. What about Innocence?

It seems to be the case that Innocence in Anime is one of those things that's essentially begging to be shattered. I guess because traumatized characters are more interesting?

I dunno, maybe i'm wrong. Can anyone think of examples to the contrary?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1