• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Mardock Scramble US release censored

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MPDlagoon

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:14 pm Reply with quote
This is my first time posting on a internet forum so please bear with me. My question is in regards to the US release of the Mardock Scramble OVAs that there are some scenes that are censored. If true is it just some of the US versions are all of them?

Not that I have a strong desire to see nudity in my anime it just makes me mad when licensers edit or remove conant.
Shenl742

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:22 pm Reply with quote
Mardock Scramble was already censored for theaters in Japan, it wasn't just a US thing. Sentai released both the censored theatrical release and later the uncensored ("Director's Cut") version for First Compression.

They're also releasing the uncensored cut for Second Combustion which is coming out soon. They actually waited for it to come out in Japan so they wouldn't have to do 2 releases like with First Compresion

Release of theatrical version
Release of Director's Cut version
MPDlagoon

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:39 pm Reply with quote
Thank you that was very helpful.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1