• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
A Question About CLAMP...

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CatzCradle

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 6:50 am Reply with quote
Hi,

I have question about CLAMP's past. I heard that apparently CLAMP once got really pissed off when people starting doing doujinshi of shounen-ai/yaoi of some of their characters in one of their older series. Apparently, the 2 aformentioned male characters weren't supposed to be together as a couple and CLAMP ended up doing some kind of public notice or something to let people know.

Anyway, I can't seem to find anything about this anywhere either about what series or character or anything on the interweb. So I was wondering if this was true, and if so, any information or links about it would be greatly appreciated. Smile
Tamaria

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 11:06 am Reply with quote
That would make them hypocrites, since they started out as yaoi doujinshi artists themselves. IIRC they specialized in Saint Seiya and Captain Tsubasa.
pyoko_girl

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:50 pm Reply with quote
I've never heard of that. For as long as I can remember, most to all of the clamp material I have ever seen has some kind gay relationship in it. So who knows . . . . what couple was it? Or is that what your asking?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1