• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
PR: Viz Media Releases the Teenage Ninja Action Adventure of Naruto Shippuden the Movie on DVD This

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ktimene's Lover

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:08 am Reply with quote
I know it was wrong but my love of Naruto had me buy a fansubbed version of it last year. After I get the legitimate one, I should toss the bootlegged DVD out.
Emerje

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:41 am Reply with quote
Ouch, why would you buy a fansub? I'd burn a fansub to a DVD myself long before I bought one.

Anyway, that's a pretty bland cover, but I notice a lot of DVDs these days tend to take a minimalistic approach. I also think the logo would look better with "the Movie" to the right of Shippuden.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Ktimene's Lover

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 1:18 pm Reply with quote
Emerje, I meant I bought a bootlegged DVD that was subbed illegally. Why I did it is simple, even if though means don't justify the end: I love Naruto and had wanting to see the first movie.
Gasero

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 2:59 pm Reply with quote
To anyone who owns the previous movies, you already own this one.

I can tell you the ending:

Naruto faces the main villain and every attempt he has at an attack is thwarted. Suddenly, his friends and the character who is the focus of the movie inspire him to protect them. He summons a clone and does a super rasengan. That's right, the villain is defeated by one attack...end.
Primus

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:10 pm Reply with quote
I read the title as "Viz Media Releases the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Action Anime", and I was like "Holy shit, that automatically negates all the bad Viz has done spoiler[Not really.]!", then I clicked that link, just another lie from Viz, Laughing
Altorrin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:14 pm Reply with quote
Primus wrote:
I read the title as "Viz Media Releases the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Action Anime", and I was like "Holy shit, that automatically negates all the bad Viz has done spoiler[Not really.]!", then I clicked that link, just another lie from Viz, Laughing

I saw something about Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles too... -_-; Lesson of the day: don't put "teenage" next to "ninja".
Emerje

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:35 pm Reply with quote
Gasero wrote:
To anyone who owns the previous movies, you already own this one.

I can tell you the ending:

Naruto faces the main villain and every attempt he has at an attack is thwarted. Suddenly, his friends and the character who is the focus of the movie inspire him to protect them. He summons a clone and does a super rasengan. That's right, the villain is defeated by one attack...end.

That's pretty much how every anime movie based on a long running manga or anime goes. I'm more interested in how they go about getting to that predictable ending. The first Shippuuden movie wasn't so good, when the fansubs came out for it it was a lot like the filler arc that was going on in the series at the time. The second movie was better, but pretty far detached from the TV series (spoiler[Naruto and Sasuke's team word would be impossible at this point.]. I have pretty high hopes for the third one, even if it does feel like it's copying the third Bleach movie...

Primus wrote:
I read the title as "Viz Media Releases the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Action Anime"

Same here, I thought there was a typo at first.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
samuraiwalt

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 9:56 am Reply with quote
I didn't see anything in the article about the movie showing in theater Oct. 6 & 7 at the Viz cinema in San Francisco.
littlegreenwolf

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 10:53 am Reply with quote
Altorrin wrote:
Primus wrote:

I saw something about Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles too... -_-; Lesson of the day: don't put "teenage" next to "ninja".

Nice to see I wasn't the only one whose brain automatically jumped to conclusions. I too am guilty for the Turtle association, and was just thinking "wtf did they decide to release that horrible anime". Because really, I'm a huge TMNT fan, but that anime was... bizarre.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1