• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Initial D

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WolfBrigade1

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 9:00 pm Reply with quote
I love the Initial D sereis and I am heard that there is a movie. If there is does anyone know if its coming to America and when?

Thnx for the help if you
shadow_guyver

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 1:37 am Reply with quote
You mean a live action movie? If so then It doesn't exist, yet. Last I heard they had begun shooting, but it hasn't been released, so who knows if it will ever come to America.

If you mean an anime movie, that would be Third Stage, and I think it's been licenced by Tokyopop. The fansubs have been removed from the site I visit, so someone has licenced it.
dj_mugen

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 8:44 pm Reply with quote
hey bro, im an initial d fan too. If you want to see some trailer for the making of the live action movie, visit the encyclopedia. It has some links to the trailers.

~dj_mugen
crion

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 10:07 pm Reply with quote
If memory serves, Tokyopop has shown the movie at BAAF a couple of years ago, which should be a good indication that they hold a license for it. I am expecting to see the US release after TP finishes releasing the Initial D Second Stage. (We can only hope that the movie wouldn't be butchered as bad as the TV series).
Haiseikoh 1973

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 1:45 am Reply with quote
crion wrote:
I am expecting to see the US release after TP finishes releasing the Initial D Second Stage. (We can only hope that the movie wouldn't be butchered as bad as the TV series).

Well, given that they haven't got Initial D onto the Airwaves, plus the backlash of the "Tricked Out" Fiasco, and the FatF bandwagon has semi-died down (thought Tokyopop does a line of Import Tuner Vids called Street Fury), and the current Tuner Market requires some folks to be bi-lingual to get parts (You try to find certain Hachi-Roku parts; unless you know a slew of Japanese (to read various Japanese Tuner Magazines and guides) and have contacts or a shop with contacts, forget about it.) it's a safe bet that Tokyopop won't try anything funny with Initial D in the future.

One example: Starting from around Volume 10 (or around there) Wataru (The AE86 Levin Driver) and Katsumi retained their original names. In the Initial D Arcade Games, Wataru is Aki.

Last edited by Haiseikoh 1973 on Thu Jan 13, 2005 9:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Neonracer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 4:12 pm Reply with quote
i haven't heard about the live action movie in a while. but i do have all the series that tokyopop has out in the US. They re even including the first manga book with number nine.
WolfBrigade1

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 5:12 pm Reply with quote
Anyone got a link to the live action movie featurette because the link is dead on this site

thank I cant wait for the 2nd season and movie
SuperOnizuka

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 8:14 pm Reply with quote
I guess this thread can be used for more than licensing, and so, of the Initial D movie.

I enjoy watching and reading this series, but one thing that strikes really cheesy to me. Might be the translations from the fansubs, is that Ryosuke (can't spell his name) creating theories on "ultimate street racing" or something like that. Theories for maximum street velocity, etc. Maybe it is the translations, but that really is cheesy.

Haiseikoh 1973,
If they changed those names back to its original, thank god, then what are they going to do with the other names that they used in the beginning? Are they going to continue to use 'Tak' for 'Takumi?' etc.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Haiseikoh 1973

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 9:14 pm Reply with quote
SuperOnizuka wrote:

Haiseikoh 1973,
If they changed those names back to its original, thank god, then what are they going to do with the other names that they used in the beginning? Are they going to continue to use 'Tak' for 'Takumi?' etc.

They still use anything they changed before (Tak, Iggy, Cole, Natilie, etc.).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1