• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Opinions regarding the final four episodes of Wolfs Rain

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Steve Berry

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 10:20 pm Reply with quote
Before the final four OVA eps. were out I watched the show, and thought it sort of petered off after the 13 eps or so (just my opinion). I was curious what people thought about the final four OVA eps.... Did they wrap up the show nicely? Present interesting food for thought? etc etc. Basically, did the ending add to the show or detract from it?? Also, I'm ok with spoilers being written. I know that a bunch spoiler[of them die.....] Is it a total downer ending too?? Or is there some sort of redeeming happiness about it?

Hoping for some insightful opinions. Thanks!
Angel Of Death

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 10:34 pm Reply with quote
Personally, I thought they added much-needed closure to the show. It answered a few questions (among many) and elevated the entire show to another complete level of emotion. I saw hope in the last episode...

And there's another thread on the ending on the first page. Check that one out.
TranceLimit174

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 12:37 am Reply with quote
I thought it was a total downer. Basically what they did was copy Big O. But Big O's ending made sense in the context of the story. In Wolf's Rain's case the ending seemed so thrown together at the end to stretch for drama and depth. It makes you go "wait what?!" because it makes next to no sense in terms of the story. The only sense it makes is the mysticism in the show but the gravity of the ending makes that a stretch. What they do is basically spoiler[reset the world.] In this case it tells me 2 things, the creators were too lazy or had to rush an ending, or they tried to go for depth by using cliche with their style. Either way the ending failed. I felt cheated after 26 eps. (watched it on CN so I didn't see the recap eps.). I thought the show got kind of boring anyway. But yeah they probably did the ending so that the story could live on in any direction they chose (lots of room for fanfiction). And after all that....we weren't even treated to Paradise.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1