• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Evangelion articles and other stuff.

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
amagee

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:23 pm Reply with quote
I'm going back and watching everything Evangelion (save the original series compilation film) and I'm interested in getting together materials written about the series for me to read when I'm finished so I can mull over the whole thing more than I have in the past.

In the past, I know I've run across proper academic essays, industry reviews, well-done blog posts, etc. regarding various facets of Evangelion as a show and its external influence on anime as a whole. I've tried to find these things again without a whole lot of success (a few things here and there). I was interested in seeing whether anyone here would have recommendations on things I should read for learning more about Eva.

I've come across a site called EvaMonkey and there's obviously Wikipedia and an EvaWiki. I will say I've yet to go through these, however.

If anyone would be willing to offer me some suggestions, I'd be most appreciative.
Blue Chocobo

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:38 pm Reply with quote
The forum for the Eva Wiki (forum.evageeks.com) has a ton of discussion about Eva. I spent a couple days reading through their archives after I finished the series and it helped me understand the show much better.
jl07045

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 3:25 am Reply with quote
Evageeks it is, both for wiki and forums. Not just for the discussion (believe it or not, it's not full of raving fanboys). They've found and translated a number of interviews with Anno and others about both the original series and Rebuild. It may take time to find them though.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1