• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Perfect Anime, to be or not to be!?

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ReIN-Karnated@042

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2004 12:01 pm Reply with quote
Well over the years watching Anime, I got to a conclusion that you cannot get a perfect Anime... what ever it might be (from OAV to episodes etc.), maybe it's a Unicorn or maybe it's out there I just don't know about it!

The question is what makes an Anime so perfect or what would make an Anime so perfect Question
My Opinion
To me a perfect Anime series or show, is a an Anime that brings all the genres together and the type of people that watch these type of genres; from a bloody scene to a waterfall crying love scene (for Cookie, of course). The other thing about mixing different genres together is that it must combine well and basically flow into each other!

Another thing that makes a Perfect Anime is that the characters must not be a Stereotype character for those common Anime shows (I'm not saying thats bad, stereotype can be a good thing), but very different in characters all together, but like I said it is not bad to have stereotypes it might even bring perfection into a show! Razz

The graphics and music, so basically the overall creation has to be brilliant, but I'm not going in detail about that topic.

Probably the most important thing to make it perfect, is that it must bring the Audience (Us) closer and get them involved into the show, like twist of events or makes you think about it over and over again (analysing it) Exclamation

Well there are probably alot more that could make a perfect Anime and I would like to here about it from the rest of ANN members!
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2004 1:03 pm Reply with quote
Is there a perfect movie? Guess the answer is no. We human are, and will always be, imperfect creatures. So will our artistic creations be.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
WaR.KiN

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2004 1:33 pm Reply with quote
Maybe the better word is "timeless" or "classic"? Anime might not be perfect, but if done properly, can be apreciated again and again by generations to come. A classic anime is close enough to being perfect, if it can entertain after many years, don't you think?
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2004 1:38 pm Reply with quote
"Perfect" is a very subjective term nowadays. People seem to use it more so to a personal preference rather than it's actual definition. I suppose we could all make our own anime to our own vision of whatever it is we enjoy. But since each person's interests vary, I would say it's near impossible to ever have a title that is totally flawless and complete in every aspect, that every single person will rate it as a Masterpiece.

There are plenty of anime titles out there that already do some of this (if you look at the user ratings), though I personally feel perfection in itself is just one of those unattainable qualites (outside of physical sciences, statistics, and what not).

Human perception can be a very wide scope of interpretations and thought processes. And though it would be nice if there was an anime that all of us could say is "perfect," we (realistically) will probably never see such a title.

So for now, I'll just stick to what I have rated as Masterpieces in My Anime.
che_guevara

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2004 1:42 pm Reply with quote
Thanks for stating the obvious in a very pretentious manner.
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2004 2:13 pm Reply with quote
che_guevara wrote:

Sorry. I was only typing what I thought. Lighten up, it's just anime...
Perfectsword

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2004 2:31 pm Reply with quote
Tony K. wrote:
che_guevara wrote:

JUST ANIME??? Evil or Very Mad How could you .... anime is my whole life...i'd die for it Crying or Very sad I have no friends and i just talk to other people on a forum who, for all i know could be a fat hairy homosexual looking for some teenage boys Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad . dont ever say "its just anime" Evil or Very Mad Crying or Very sad Evil or Very Mad Crying or Very sad Evil or Very Mad Crying or Very sad Evil or Very Mad

....right Wink

There is no such thing as perfect,

"No one can draw a clear line between sane and insane. You move that line as you see fit for yourself. No one else can. You'll understand soon... that the one that's insane is this world."

Even though thats talking about "sanity", it applies to "perfection."
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2004 2:55 pm Reply with quote
Perfectsword wrote:
JUST ANIME??? Evil or Very Mad

Eh, my apologies. I understand how important anime can be to some people. I used to be like that until about two months ago. It's good that you can have such a high interest in something you really like, and there's absolutley nothing wrong with it.

I just don't appreciate being called "pretentious" by a person who's never even met me, when all I'm doing is sharing my opinion on a topic I happen to have some thought on.

Perhaps my recent trend of not using emoticons is making me come of as a cynic... Sorry, people. I'm not trying to downtalk any of you, if that's how I come off as. I APOLOGIZE.
darkhunter

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2004 3:31 pm Reply with quote
Tony K. wrote:

I'm not trying to downtalk any of you, if that's how I come off as.

You're not, but I am. All the time. You don't have to like everyone on the forum and not everyone has to like you. You have your own opinion, so just move on with your life.

Tony K. wrote:
I APOLOGIZE.

Why even apologized and to whom? Stand up for yourself man.
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2004 4:03 pm Reply with quote
darkhunter wrote:
Why even apologize and to whom?

Call me a nut, but I feel the need to show respect to everyone and anyone here on the Forums, regardless of how other users may feel about one another. I try to post comments and opinions with whatever knowledge I have to try and make some nice, (and/or somewhat) intelligent conversations.

Of course I don't expect everyone to do the same, but I just want to input what I can, when I can. I never mean to offend anyone and having someone think negatively of me is the last thing I want because of some misconception in reading my posts.

I'm not here to show off what little knowledge of anime I have or to try and be "the coolest user around" just because I post a lot and talk like I know everything. I'm here to discuss, listen, and respond to topics I feel are worth conversing over, or to help people that have questions about something.

Yeah, you can call me gullible, but for the most part, I believe in the kindess and honesty of a majority of people (at least on these Forums). So I was only apologizing to che_guevara and Perfectsword, in case I was coming off as being a "pretentious" and over-talkative nerd, of sorts.
darkhunter

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2004 4:14 pm Reply with quote
This is
Perfectsword wrote:
Tony K. wrote:
che_guevara wrote:

JUST ANIME??? Evil or Very Mad How could you .... anime is my whole life...i'd die for it Crying or Very sad I have no friends and i just talk to other people on a forum who, for all i know could be a fat hairy homosexual looking for some teenage boys Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad . don't ever say "its just anime" Evil or Very Mad Crying or Very sad Evil or Very Mad Crying or Very sad Evil or Very Mad Crying or Very sad Evil or Very Mad

....right Wink

There is no such thing as perfect,

That was just sarcasm. In case you miss it, he was agreeing with you and making fun of all the people that take anime so seriously.

Showing repect and apologizing all the time are two different things.
Apologizing all the time just make you an easy target for someone else to say shit about you again. Then what you gonna do? Apologize again?.
Perfectsword

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2004 4:30 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, sorry if you miss inturpreted that tony K.

It was sarcasm, i guss i should have put it in parentheses.
burstandbloom_

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2004 4:36 pm Reply with quote
This thread seems to have turned into some morality lesson on how to interact with people. We could go on and on with that, but at any rate i've seen Tony K a lot on here, and i don't consider him an over talkative nerd or cocky or whatever. He seems like a good guy, and knows a lot about anime, like most people on here compared to me. And i agreed a lot with what he said.

But anyway, when you think about it, perfection kind of sucks, i could go on about explaining that but i won't. It might seem kind of confusing because i wouldn't know how to explain myself. There are animes to me, that almost every aspect of them seems completely solid and without flaw, but like what has been said, not everyone would think that.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
jsyxx

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2004 4:41 pm Reply with quote
I haven't seen too many cases when perfection was actually obtained.
burstandbloom_

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2004 4:47 pm Reply with quote
It really cannot be. Not in my opinion anyway. I even mean to say that even the whole concept of perfection is kind of sucks.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2