• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Otogi Zoushi

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Daisho

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 9:00 pm Reply with quote
Can anyone tell me how Otogi Zoushi <animenewsnetwork.com/MyAnime/anime-set-categ.php?want_to_see=3972> compares with Kai Dou Maru <anime#306>? I liked the art for Kai Dou Maru (except for the faded look) but I was very disappointed with the lack of plot. It just ended all of a sudden and I was expecting another episode... I'm willing to give Otogi Zoushi a chance if it's better than Kai Dou Maru.
Daisho

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 9:02 pm Reply with quote
I don't know if that link worked... It was supposed to be <anime#3972>.
Daisho

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2004 9:00 pm Reply with quote
I must've said something offensive if no one's replied yet...
Animefreak08

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2004 9:25 pm Reply with quote
Daisho wrote:
Or it's because you just started the topic. Also when linking a URL use the URL tag. Or type [url]HTTP[/url]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Daisho

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2004 10:44 pm Reply with quote
So apparently 12 days is "just started"...?
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2004 3:37 am Reply with quote
Daisho wrote:

Seeing as how Otogizoushi is now officially licensed, other people may be hesitant to download the fansubs. According to the Encylopedia entry, only ten people have seen it up this point. I myself have not seen it or Kaidohmaru, so I cannot help you. I apologize no one has responded to your question, but sometimes you just have to wait and hope someone who has seen both of these will also be able to help you.
ganzo

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2004 10:12 pm Reply with quote
How offensive can you be if you have not seen it, I saw to I think episode 16 or 17, until 15 it is all great, 16 onward get a little boring.

Two things keep this one going, the strong style of the superb drawing, and the oldfashioned storyline that is fused with one new element and that is the combination of ancient period and modern period(and of course all in Japan). This fresh and fascinating plot line with the smooth story telling made the anime looked very solid.

Characters include one girl, two guys, the oldfashioned Japanese style, and personalities of the three are well formed by the story line, and they just change clothing when come to present time.

Artistic style of the series is just superb, its from IG, do I have to say more.

Storyline for the ancient time is basically copying plot of Japanese movie(Onyomgi1/2) about exorcist of ancient Japan and a sequal of the movie was also released not long ago. The movie was very popular in Japan, so I think this anime series is just trying to make movie into a series(with a twist too).

26 episode total, 1-14 is all ancient Japan, and they try to search for these stones, and I get confused on who is the brother who is emperor and who is the exorcist. From 15 onward is a search for brother.

Ending theme both are by Kawabe, first one that run through 1-14 is great, the second one is no good. Beginning theme from 1-14 is too noisy for me, the second one is way better.

I liked it all the way until the recent two epidsodes, so I do hate to lose this one from my favorite list becouse of a poor ending(sad sad).

This one is for serious anime viewers, less slapstick, more drama, some fantasy and action. Despite all the negative remarks I made I do recommend this one. I can't beleive I am giving this one a full review, and this is my first time here, sheeba.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1