• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Gundam F91 Extras

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JinchuuGundam85

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 4:14 pm Reply with quote
Anybody have a clue to why in the Universal Century Timeline extra it goes from UC 0080 to UC 0093 with nothing in between those years. I thought that there were series that happened between those years like Zeta Gundam (0087-0088) and Double Zeta Gundam (0088-0089), but, I guess they didn't. Also what is up with the Gundam SEED trailer saying that it happens in After Colony 195?
Nagisa

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 8:10 pm Reply with quote
JinchuuGundam85 wrote:
Anybody have a clue to why in the Universal Century Timeline extra it goes from UC 0080 to UC 0093 with nothing in between those years. I thought that there were series that happened between those years like Zeta Gundam (0087-0088) and Double Zeta Gundam (0088-0089), but, I guess they didn't.

Bandai probably doesn't want to spoil anything since neither Zeta or Double Zeta has been released locally yet. But then the GundamOfficial.com website has all that laid out in full detail, so...

JinchuuGundam85 wrote:
Also what is up with the Gundam SEED trailer saying that it happens in After Colony 195?

Either idiocy or a seriously misguided attempt at pulling in Wing fans (wait...that would fall under idiocy). Wink
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
JinchuuGundam85

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 9:11 pm Reply with quote
Nagisa wrote:
Bandai probably doesn't want to spoil anything since neither Zeta or Double Zeta has been released locally yet. But then the GundamOfficial.com website has all that laid out in full detail, so...

Spoil anything how would putting in Zeta and Double Zeta be spoiling anything when Char's Counterattack came out in America first. If you want to talk about spoiling why was Char's Counterattack brought out before Zeta and Double Zeta. Bringing out what I consider to be the end of the Universal Century before seeing the middle is pretty messed up.

Nagisa wrote:
Either idiocy or a seriously misguided attempt at pulling in Wing fans (wait...that would fall under idiocy). Wink

*does best impression of Phil Ken Sebben "HA HA HA"* Nice one Nagisa Laughing
zaphdash

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2004 2:14 pm Reply with quote
JinchuuGundam85 wrote:
Nagisa wrote:

Spoil anything how would putting in Zeta and Double Zeta be spoiling anything when Char's Counterattack came out in America first. If you want to talk about spoiling why was Char's Counterattack brought out before Zeta and Double Zeta. Bringing out what I consider to be the end of the Universal Century before seeing the middle is pretty messed up.

Char's Counterattack didn't spoil anything from Zeta or ZZ. They alluded to the Titans and Haman Karn once in the entire movie, and they didn't go into any amount of detail about what happened. If you consider that both First Gundam and Char's Counterattack were centered around the conflict between Char and Amuro, then Zeta and ZZ become little more than sidestories that help explain Char's reasoning in CCA a little better.

I don't have the F91 disc yet because I'm poor, but if Zeta and ZZ are missing from the UC timeline, I have to agree with Nagisa that it's probably to avoid spoiling anything. That still seems a little strange though, because if I recall correctly, there was info on both shows in the extras that came with CCA.

Having not seen the SEED trailer, I can't really comment except to say Bandai's history isn't exactly totally free of these sorts of gaffes, so it's probably just a mistake. A pretty bizarre mistake when you consider that a new Wing trailer probably hasn't been made since they put out the original one four or five years ago, but still just a mistake.
JinchuuGundam85

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2004 3:46 pm Reply with quote
I checked the Char's Counterattack dvd and there was not a UC timeline, but, there is the booklet that came with the dvd that does have it. The booklet covers UC 0079 and ever year up to UC 0093.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1