• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime/manga you're getting for Christmas

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
frostedsaiyan

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 9:19 pm Reply with quote
What anime/manga are you getting for Christmas? So far, my parents bought these titles from the list I handed them. All of these are dvds...

.Hack//Sign Vol. 1-6 Limitied Edition
Comic Party Vol. 1 + Limited addition slipcase Artbox
G Gundam Box Set 2
Gundam Seed Vol. 1-2 + Artbox + Cs Limited Edition
Outlaw Star: The collection DVD set
Dragonball: Tien Shinhan Saga DVD set
Dragonball Z Garlic Junoir Box Set
Love Hina Vol. 1 + Artbox
Saiyuki Vol. 1 + Artbox + T-Shirt
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Perfectsword

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 9:22 pm Reply with quote
would this be a.....list thread?
frostedsaiyan

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 9:23 pm Reply with quote
Perfectsword wrote:

Yes, sorry if this is inappropriate.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 9:31 pm Reply with quote
frostedsaiyan wrote:
.Hack//Sign Vol. 1-6 Limitied Edition

Dude. You don't mean THE Limited Edition where Vol.1 comes with the case, and each volume after comes with extras (like CDs, and such), right?

I paid $150 for Vol.1 alone when I tried to start collecting it. After I finally got each volume, I must've spent at least $300, total, for all six.

If you mean the Complete Set that's coming out this year, then I'm afraid you aren't getting the REAL Limited Edition, but more power to ya', since it's an excellent series anyway. Wink
frostedsaiyan

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 9:38 pm Reply with quote
Yea, Tony K. I'm getting the Limited Edition that came out before.
Perfectsword

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 9:39 pm Reply with quote
frostedsaiyan wrote:
Perfectsword wrote:

Yes, sorry if this is inappropriate.

just be carefull, it might be locked.

i just want to replace a few of my bootlegged dvds. evrey thing else is optional.

pretty much all i want is the gundam wing box set and hellsing box set.

i would replace cowboy bebop but that might, if we are all lucky, be re-released as a 5.1 audio version.
YUGI

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 9:57 pm Reply with quote
Damn thats alot of money for dvd's. I did some calculating. The MSRP is $594.05 American. You got it good frostedsaiyan.
darkhunter

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 9:58 pm Reply with quote
Too bad I'm too old for christmas, so I'll be getting myself some stuff. Hey it's the thought that count.
frostedsaiyan

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 10:00 pm Reply with quote
YUGI wrote:
Damn thats alot of money for dvd's. I did some calculating. The MSRP is $594.05 American. You got it good frostedsaiyan.

Nope, I'm an intelligent shopper. I find all the right bargains on different sites...I got them all legit and it only costed $270.00.
Perfectsword

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 10:06 pm Reply with quote
frostedsaiyan wrote:
YUGI wrote:

Nope, I'm an intelligent shopper. I find all the right bargains on different sites...I got them all legit and it only costed $270.00.

thats aswom. i, would just save the time and waste the money, i dont intened on spending my money on anything else except anime, so i can afford it.

*200 posts, i deserve a prize Mr. Green

Last edited by Perfectsword on Sat Nov 06, 2004 10:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
YUGI

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 10:06 pm Reply with quote
MSRP the manufactore's price. Thats still allot for a christmas present.
Rozzer

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 10:14 pm Reply with quote
If I was 15 again, then here's what I would ask for...

Berserk
Samurai Champloo vol1. w/ box
Great Teacher Onizuka
Now and Then, Here and There
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex

I only buy series that you can watch over and over again, and never get bored with, otherwise it's kind of a waste of money to just watch it once, don't ya think?
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 10:34 pm Reply with quote
Well, my Christmas present was already ordered: Gundam Zeta...

But of course with the recent delay, it'll probably get here just in time for Christmas anyway, it seems. I suppose that's better than getting it before Christmas, but oh well. Anime smile + sweatdrop

I preordered it from Deep Discount DVD for $120. I'm an only child, which means I'm spoiled.

I could be even more spoiled by asking for more presents from my parents, but I'm not that spoiled. $120 is enough for me. I know my limits, and I don't want to burden my parents more than I already have by having been born...

I also have to get some presents for my friends, which is basically them buying the gifts themselves, as I will be asking them for money for my presents. Anime catgrin

And with that money, I hope to get a Region-free DVD player so I can start watching some Asian movies I've had my eye on buying.

Umm... speaking of Asian movies (sorry to go off topic), has anyone here seen the Korean movie "My Sassy Girl," I hear it's a really great romantic comedy. Embarassed
darkhunter

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 10:37 pm Reply with quote
Rozzer wrote:
If I was 15 again, then here's what I would ask for...
Samurai Champloo vol1. w/ box

Too bad Champloo isn't released until after christmas.

Tony K. wrote:

Umm... speaking of Asian movies (sorry to go off topic), has anyone here seen the Korean movie "My Sassy Girl," I hear it's a really great romantic comedy. Embarassed

Movie is kind of old. I've seen it (I seen a lot of asian movie) It's good, you should check it out. Bewarn, you might be obssessed with korean chick after watching thsi. Also there's a comic based on this movie by comicsone.

One of the funniest and original korean movie I seen so far is Attack the Gas Station. It's a lot ore entertaining. http://www.kfccinema.com/reviews/comedy/attackgas/attackgas.html
Steventheeunuch

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 12:09 am Reply with quote
Absolteuly none. The closest things I will be getting will be two Transformers Alternators, but apart from that, nothing anime wise. hell, not much in the way of anything considering we're getting a new TV as a family present.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4