• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Nausicaa, Porco Rosso, and Totoro release delayed....again!

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
setzer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 4:44 pm Reply with quote
According to www.nausicaa.net, the American releases of Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind, Porco Rosso, and My Neighbor Totoro have all been delayed... again. Like last time, no official date has been announced yet. Sad

It really makes me mad that Disney has once again delayed the DVD releases. Just think, we would have had our DVDs for almost 2 months already if they kept with the original release date! Anime cry
Tiresias

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 5:34 pm Reply with quote
Are you talking about the delay where they are now supposed to come out sometime in Feb/Mar 2005 or are you saying they have delayed it again even further?
molloaggie

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 6:38 pm Reply with quote
Yep, the movies are no longer on the Febuary release schedule. That's horrible. I'm really ticked now! And what's their obsession with releasing them all at the same time? Why don't they just put out one or two of them and fix the problems with the others for a later release?
Tenchi

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 6:38 pm Reply with quote
Most people assume that the delays have to do with putting the trailer for the release of Howl's Moving Castle on to the disks... guess this means that they're putting out HMC in the spring rather than in the winter.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Glory Questor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 7:06 pm Reply with quote
If I were Studio Ghibli, I'd be:

- pissed off at Disney's treatment of our films. Mad

- finding someone else to handle it (ADV Films and Geneon both would kill for that licensing agreement)

I'm looking forward to seeing Nausicca of the Valley of the Wind and My Neighbor Totoro for the first time.

Like many companies who think of their licensee as rivals, though, Disney is just continuing to sit on the films and release whatever they want to when they want to.

With all this going on, SG really should yank their films back and never again talk to Disney. (So what if they might need new ADR work? Better to give it to a company that will release it without all this horsing around. Mad )
Steventheeunuch

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 7:47 pm Reply with quote
Unfortunantly, things aren't always that simple. Despite people blaming Disney for purposley trying to delay these films or what not, has anyone considered asking Disney as to why? Or possibly considered alternative reasons to the delays? While this delay will affect the Australian release of Nausicaa, it won't affect the release of Totoro or Porco Rosso, so I geuss I'm happy (Not much of a Nausicaa fan anyway)
ShellBullet

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 8:15 pm Reply with quote
Steventheeunuch wrote:
Unfortunantly, things aren't always that simple. Despite people blaming Disney for purposley trying to delay these films or what not, has anyone considered asking Disney as to why?

I'm pretty certain that if I asked Disney I would get ........ no response whatsoever.
Glory Questor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 8:34 pm Reply with quote
Steventheeunuch wrote:
Despite people blaming Disney for purposley trying to delay these films or what not, has anyone considered asking Disney as to why?

The plausible "why": There is currently a lot of management changes and problems with Pixar.

Still, they released Aladdin and Mulan on DVD. So, their schedule shouldn't be messed up if they released these on time.

It'd be easier if there were more information on the subject, and some solid feedback from Disney on the "why". Can anyone find something? (I checked Disney.com, but all I saw was... well see it for yourself. Confused
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 8:37 pm Reply with quote
animenewsnetwork.com/bbs/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=10559

That is, unless you guys want to keep using this one. Smile
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1