• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Official Anime-Related Figures Thread.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:31 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Edit: Derp, just occurred to me that maybe it's not because of the subject matter but because you don't recognize me as as a forum regular with that pic? (That happens to me too when someone changes their avatar after a long time.) Or maybe you are just a Kimura fanboy who dislikes TOP. Either way, I'm obviously thinking about it way too much.

Oh no, it's not that. You usually use pretty boys (Johnnys?) and I don't find that guy particularly pretty. In fact, I think he's the opposite, especially with that blue hair. Your last guy was much better and so to see you go from him to this guy is "meh".

I say all this as a 100% hetero male, by the way.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
nagatopyon

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:48 am Reply with quote
Insert Funny Caption Here :3

Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:02 am Reply with quote
1. "Who yo' daddy, bitch! Who yo' daddy?!"

2. Ducky-style.

Last edited by Blood- on Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:08 am; edited 1 time in total
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:03 am Reply with quote
"Otaku go crazy after learning the identity of yet another ex-boyfriend of the Goddess."
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Polycell

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:18 am Reply with quote
Rubber ducky, you're the one...
Mesonoxian Eve

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:25 am Reply with quote
"Duck.... duck.... duck.... but if you goose me, I'm calling Chris Hanson."
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:14 pm Reply with quote
Oops! That didn't go right. I'll change you back sister, someday.
Soundmonkey44

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:27 pm Reply with quote
Kind of a random Question, but anyone know where I can get a Big-O figure for a reasonable price?
victor viper

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:26 pm Reply with quote
Soundmonkey44 wrote:
Kind of a random Question, but anyone know where I can get a Big-O figure for a reasonable price?

This depends on what you're looking for. If you want a figure of one of the various megadeuses in the show, Bandai and Max Factory made some vinyl and die cast figures of some of them, but it looks like the production runs were very small (only three people on MyFigureCollection say they own [read: shelled out the 37900 yen for] Max Factory's die-cast Big O).

If you want character figures, there aren't many to be had. There are Figmas of R Dorothy and Roger Smith and that's about it. R Dorothy is pretty easy to find in the US and she's reasonably priced ($42 on Amazon or $39 from Robert's Anime Corner Store as I write this). The Roger Smith Figma was only released in Japan as an event exclusive. However, I see him pretty regularly when scanning the various Japanese secondhand outlets, usually going for about 4000-6000 yen.
Polycell

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:50 am Reply with quote
Got an email(or two, actually) telling me the Wagnaria Nendoroid playsets got delayed; quite nonplussing for my first figure order ever. Given WORKING!!'s popularity, I'm a little shocked that this could suffer from low preorders(preferred explanation: too many preorders), but then maybe there's a reason there've only been five playsets so far. At least my Popura Nendo hasn't been delayed to match. *Knocks on wood*

On more positive news, I got my Madoka Figma yesterday(thus meaning my latest order was the first to get here). Currently don't have any other ideas for her beyond having her shocked at Kyubey, but Homura, Mami and Kyouko should give me some ideas when they arrive.
pokefreaks

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:45 pm Reply with quote
Polycell wrote:
On more positive news, I got my Madoka Figma yesterday(thus meaning my latest order was the first to get here). Currently don't have any other ideas for her beyond having her shocked at Kyubey, but Homura, Mami and Kyouko should give me some ideas when they arrive.

Congrats. on getting yours. I also happen to get a mail that my Mami Tomoe & Sayaka Miki figma are ready for collections. I'm planning to get all 5 girls in figma forms and then Ultimate Madoka PVC from GSC.

I'm glad that the figmas look cooler with a lot of weapons and stuffs than their PVC counterparts. I'd be totally broke if I have to buy all the girls in PVC forms.
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:39 pm Reply with quote
Quote:

You gotta get creative, son! Here's the one I used to use. Thats an Eva parody with Madoka holding the Lance of Longinus and QB being Lilith.

This is my current one, and I use it because it's gruesome and QB deserves.
poonk

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:51 pm Reply with quote
All right, this week (I'm gonna split this into 2 posts because I'm too lazy to open & photograph the 3rd figure tonight):

From HLJ, JoJo's Part 4 Crazy Diamond DX, clear version:

Unfortunately they were out of the regular version or I'd have gotten both.

And from AmiAmi, amongst other things the JoJo's Part 5 Giorno Giovanna SAS!

He's real pretty, no?

The King of Harts wrote:
Oh no, it's not that. You usually use pretty boys (Johnnys?) and I don't find that guy particularly pretty. In fact, I think he's the opposite, especially with that blue hair. Your last guy was much better and so to see you go from him to this guy is "meh".

I say all this as a 100% hetero male, by the way.
Well that was unexpected. TOP's not pretty enough? I guess I'll try to find a better picture...(?) It's just, I had an epiphany a month or so ago and I'm still in the throes of it (sorry to link you directly to my brain, a.k.a. my tumblr, as it will confirm all your greatest fears about me). Also... I love the blue hair. *sniff*

Last edited by poonk on Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:00 pm Reply with quote
It's the end of the world, folks. See this Rias figure here? Her boobs are squishy. You can literally squish her boobs between your fingers.

WTF

poonk wrote:
Well that was unexpected. TOP's not pretty enough? I guess I'll try to find a better picture...(?) It's just, I had an epiphany a month or so ago and I'm still in the throes of it (sorry to link you directly to my brain, it will confirm all your greatest fears about me). Also... I love the blue hair. *sniff*

Don't know what to tell ya, he just doesn't do it for me. Bishies just aren't my thing, though that shouldn't be surprising. If I like my females to be a bit more masculine (tomboys, basically), it's an easy connection to think I'd probably prefer a more masculine male.

Holy shit. What am I saying?
Mesonoxian Eve

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:04 pm Reply with quote
The King of Harts wrote:
It's the end of the world, folks.

This happened when Chari-Ani turned Kudry into a "come hither and [bleep] me while I 'search for my contact lens' and you can just rip those panties right on down. Try it. You'll see."

I know Kudry's hot, but damn... she's not a slut. Evil or Very Mad
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 57 of 111