• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Monster DVD Box Set 1

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
arachneia

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:38 am Reply with quote
Necrotime!

I loved the entire prison arc, and I don't really see how Gustav and Helene are any more minor or pawn-ish than any other set of characters meant to give development to the main cast. To complain of contrivances while we're talking about a piece of fiction is fairly moot - it's how well you contrive your plot that counts. spoiler[Gustav and Helene gave development to Milch, yes, and even more so to Tenma, showing his principles and priorities even in such a dire condition. The prison arc was probably his lowest point, and showing him risk his own safety and chance at freedom for an unrelated crook says loads about his character.]
orionism1

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:13 pm Reply with quote
I'm trying to be a good R1 consumer with this series. Oh Monster Box set 2 where are you? I'm still waiting for any word but it appears that this show isn't selling as well as they'd hope or they would at least publish a release date for it's next edition.
ZenErik

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:22 pm Reply with quote
I bought this set when it came out and haven't watched it yet. Would have no idea that the soundtrack was changed if this thread wasn't bumped.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
gwdone

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 5:20 pm Reply with quote
I really like the 'Monster' Part one series. I really wish the balance would be released here for purchase. Yeah,, I know,, I'm late with my posts Smile
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6