• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Bleach (manga).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Emerje

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 6:15 pm Reply with quote
Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god! Chapter 314 is unbelievable! Anyone who has said that the Hueco Mundo arc was a carbon copy of the Soul Society arc will want to read this chapter, it's a very surprising end to the arc, almost as big as the surprise end to the SS arc.

spoiler[Aizen is a real bastard. All this time he was just using Orihime as a diversion with no real use for her powers at all! Everything he did was just to get the strongest fighters out of Karakura Town. Thankfully it seems Soul Society might have seen that coming and has moved everyone into Karakura Town. This next arc is going to be amazing! I never thought Soul Society would send a force like that!]

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
IchigoK90

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 6:21 pm Reply with quote
Emerje wrote:
spoiler[Aizen is a real bastard. All this time he was just using Orihime as a diversion with no real use for her powers at all! Everything he did was just to get the strongest fighters out of Karakura Town. Thankfully it seems Soul Society might have seen that coming and has moved everyone into Karakura Town. This next arc is going to be amazing! I never thought Soul Society would send a force like that!]

Emerje

I found that to be disappointing really. spoiler[It felt more like Kubo couldn't think of any real importance for Orihime. It honestly doesn't make sense to take her back, lock her in a tower and then tell Ichigo to go and rescue her if he wants when he locks them inside Hueco Mundo].
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
BrothersElric

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 8:24 pm Reply with quote
Wow, spoiler[Aizen totally manipulated them all over again to do his bidding without them knowing it, just like he did in the Soul Society arc! Shocked That seems to be his strong point; collaborating all these brilliantly complex plans to get people to do stuff for him by giving them one objective, but in all reality they're just playing right into his hands. For a moment I thought Urahara was in on it again just like before by using his trust with them to get them to where they wanted to go, which of course is also where Aizen wants them to go, but I guess he's the one who called upon the SS team to come to the defense, now wasn't he? Wink

I mean geez Kubo! This is the awesome storywriting ability I've been waiting to have from you this whole time now! It's about friggin' time! But then again, I guess it was kind of necessary to the story what he's been doing with the Hueco Mundo arc up to this point, huh? Anime smile + sweatdrop I guess that's what I like so much about it though, because like I said back with Nell's big revelation, it makes all the seemingly pointless stuff not so pointless anymore. Wink]

Whatever the case though, this is definitely shaping up to be a very, very, VERY epic arc to come! Cool

IchigoK90 wrote:
I found that to be disappointing really. spoiler[It felt more like Kubo couldn't think of any real importance for Orihime. It honestly doesn't make sense to take her back, lock her in a tower and then tell Ichigo to go and rescue her if he wants when he locks them inside Hueco Mundo.]

Admittedly I'm also a little bit disappointed by that as well, but at the same time I think it's going to be all the more important to latter events. spoiler[Don't forget, she still wants to destroy the Hougyoku with her power, and because of how useless everyone thinks she is, especially Aizen, she's now got every opportunity to take advantage of that to destroy it. Meaning that in the end it'll be that very inferiority complex that's plagued her throughout the series that'll probably be the most key element to a Soul Society vicory in this war. Don't you think that'd just be totally awesome? Anime hyper]
Emerje

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 5:51 pm Reply with quote
Actually, what Aizen did with Orihime was pretty smart. spoiler[Even though he constantly outsmarts them he also recognizes them as being a resourceful threat, that's why he needed to divide them in the first place. The reason why locking up Orihime in the tower is a smart move is because even if they did get a way back out (which they certainly will), they aren't going to leave without her and I'm sure he's leaving a guard or two behind to keep them busy as well. It's another attempt to buy himself even more time in the event that they do find a way back, I think it's a smart move. ]

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Emerje

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 10:52 pm Reply with quote
Chapter 315:

spoiler[Not incredibly exciting, but interesting nonetheless. So Karakura Town and all of its inhabitants are now sitting in Soul Society to protect them from the fight. Good idea, but at the same time it just means if Aizen wins the key will be that much closer to its destination (it would seem). We did finally get the name of our last Espada, Barragan the old man. And I was right about Orhime having a guard, Ulquiorra is staying behind to fight Ichigo, that'll be a god fight.

Set-up is over, let's get to fighting!]

Emerje
IchigoK90

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 11:08 pm Reply with quote
Emerje wrote:
Chapter 315:

spoiler[Not incredibly exciting, but interesting nonetheless. So Karakura Town and all of its inhabitants are now sitting in Soul Society to protect them from the fight. Good idea, but at the same time it just means if Aizen wins the key will be that much closer to its destination (it would seem). We did finally get the name of our last Espada, Barragan the old man. And I was right about Orhime having a guard, Ulquiorra is staying behind to fight Ichigo, that'll be a god fight.

Set-up is over, let's get to fighting!]

Emerje

Hey problem, spoiler[where the hell is Yami? From what I remember he ain't dead yet].
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Emerje

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 3:07 am Reply with quote
IchigoK90 wrote:
Hey problem, spoiler[where the hell is Yami? From what I remember he ain't dead yet].

He's not the only one. spoiler[Kaname, Gin, and Wonderweiss are notably absent as well as the Exequias which should still be running around Hueco Mundo. Not to mention a whole mess of lesser Arrancar that should be running around. I doubt Kubo has forgotten anyone.]

Emerje
Dorcas_Aurelia

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:38 pm Reply with quote
Emerje wrote:
Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god! Chapter 314 is unbelievable! Anyone who has said that the Hueco Mundo arc was a carbon copy of the Soul Society arc will want to read this chapter, it's a very surprising end to the arc, almost as big as the surprise end to the SS arc.

Emerje

Just because the plot twist was different (and what moron uses the same plot twist to cap off the same plot twice in one story?), doesn't mean it wasn't a carbon copy up to that point.

Also, BroEl, I find the Hueco Mundo arcs major plot twist to be rather weak compared to Soul Society's. spoiler[Orihime's kidnapping working as a diversion is pretty simplistic compared to manipulating Soul Society's governing body and martial force in order to obtain the Hougyoku. Also, if Aizen is really as smart as all that, I'll be disappointed if he really believes Orihime isn't going to try to destroy his precious little toy. It's been implied that he understands at least as well as she does what her powers are capable of, and I'd say there's a good chance her attempt to erase the Hougyoku will end up playing right into his plans.]
IchigoK90

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 7:07 pm Reply with quote
Well just read the the latest chapter and to sum it up I'd say it was good but it really seems out of place.

Its great to see the background information on some characters and a lot is revealed:

spoiler[
- "Kenpachi" is the name given to the 11th Division Captain.
- Hirako preceded Aizen as the 5th Division Captain
- Hiyori was the Lieutenant of the 7th Division Captain
- Hikafune preceded Urahara and Urahara preceded Kurotsuchi
- Royal Special Services Division is revealed to be a higher rank than Captain]

Now all that is interesting and it was the first chapter to garner at least some interest to finish it however this is my complaint. It is very horribly placed. Theres no lead in, and it just occurs.
Zoe

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 7:19 pm Reply with quote
IchigoK90 wrote:
spoiler[
]

Actually, she's spoiler[the 12th vice].
IchigoK90

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 7:58 pm Reply with quote
Zoe wrote:
IchigoK90 wrote:
spoiler[
]

Actually, she's spoiler[the 12th vice].

Oddly enough spoiler[I double checked the Manga scan twice to see the error in their translation. The box in her panel stated 7th Division Lieutenant. So I figured it was either a translation error in the dialogue or the box].
Zoe

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 8:05 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, the text box certainly says 12.

I'm not sure if people have nitpicked about this, but in the TOC, Kubo admits that "jazz" didn't exist 110 years ago, he just felt it was appropriate Laughing
IchigoK90

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 8:49 pm Reply with quote
Zoe wrote:
Yeah, the text box certainly says 12.

I'm not sure if people have nitpicked about this, but in the TOC, Kubo admits that "jazz" didn't exist 110 years ago, he just felt it was appropriate Laughing

Maybe I read it from a different manga scanner? I did check again and it did say spoiler[7th Division].

Anyhow as for the "jazz" nitpicking I really don't care anymore what Kubo puts in. Frankly he chooses style over substance more than often now.

That chapter answered some questions but it really asks us even more questions. Especially with the way it started off, spoiler[a pendulum?. No offense, I get the meaning but still if he was going to use a pendulum it would have made more sense to incorporate it earlier so that it makes sense. Its a disappointing start to what "appears" to be an "interesting" fight]. I really would have started it off with spoiler[Urahara coming out to with the Captains to fight the Arrancar and having Aizen give Urahara a dirty look before shifting into the flashback].
suna_suna

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 8:59 pm Reply with quote
IchigoK90 wrote:
Maybe I read it from a different manga scanner? I did check again and it did say spoiler[7th Division].

maybe. but thespoiler[&th captain does mention that her captain isn't really there]
BrothersElric

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:03 pm Reply with quote
IchigoK90 wrote:
Now all that is interesting and it was the first chapter to garner at least some interest to finish it however this is my complaint. It is very horribly placed. Theres no lead in, and it just occurs.

Perhaps this will help explain that a bit (unless you already knew about it and are still disappointed Anime smile + sweatdrop )

But yeah, I too would like to have a continuation of the overall plot ASAP, but I think it's also going to be nice to see a little flashback arc like this. It'll be a good way to touch up on a lot of things still left unanswered, kind of like a gaiden of sorts.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 4 of 33