• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Forum Tournament Interest Survey

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Contests and Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nobahn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:20 pm Reply with quote
Key wrote:
I agree that the next one should be a character-focused one, but I do like the World-Building idea, too. You could certainly get a wide diversity of settings, from the world of Haibane Renmei [...].

Great minds think alike! Wink Anime catgrin Cool Anime smile Smile Very Happy Mr. Green
That was the very first THING that popped into my head! Surprised
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:28 pm Reply with quote
Mylene wrote:
I think Coolest Character was the compromise for having a Biggest Badass tournament.

Well if it was a compromise and there never was an actual Biggest Badass one then it gets my vote lol. I pushed for it every time so I can't stop now if this starts back on again. Plus it was the runner up something like 3-4 times in a row. No other suggestion kept getting to that point and almost winning. Should get done simply because the people, were several others than me, supporting it kept getting it to #2 on the list time after time. Shameless plugging I know heh.
marie-antoinette

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:47 pm Reply with quote
Half of the Coolest character nominations were there on account of being "badass." It's been done. I have even less interest in redoing that one than in redoing Moe.
Tris8

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:43 am Reply with quote
I'd be extremely interested in doing a Most Badass tournament. The only problem is that Im pretty sure we'd have the same winner as the Coolest Character tournament (ol' Spike). Even if somehow he didn't win, the top contenders of a Badass tourney are going to be many of the same as the Cool tourney (Balsa, Guts, Alucard, Mugen etc.)

Another possibility that has been previously mentioned is Best Child Prodigy. That one has a lot of possibilities over a lot of different series.
Sailor S

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:13 am Reply with quote
I'd be interested, assuming I remember to check this board. I often forget to look at the Anime board since I'm rarely caught up on the latest anime and thus have little to discuss that isn't already old news, and my fear of getting spoiled on stuff I haven't seen yet.
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:54 am Reply with quote
I think the Most Moe should have a repeat. I mean Moe has been trending up since 2005 when the tournament was held, so there would be more options.
dtm42

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:15 am Reply with quote
WhiteHairGirls wrote:
I think the Most Moe should have a repeat. I mean Moe has been trending up since 2005 when the tournament was held, so there would be more options.

Thank you for your support of Most Moe Redux, I appreciate it.
nobahn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:49 am Reply with quote
Key--

May I both humbly and respectfully suggest that for the voting on the kind of tournament that you employ Instant Runoff Voting? That way, whatever wins will have a majority -- as opposed to merely a plurality -- of the votes cast.
One-Eye

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:57 pm Reply with quote
Aylinn wrote:
I have an idea for a tourney. What about Best World-building? Who is not bored with a generic high school setting? Best World-building would give a chance to shows which have more work put into them as (a) creator\s had to think not only of characters, but also the world. Elements that can be valued: coherency, complexity, if it lived up to its full potential etc.
I just want to throw my support for this idea which I think is a pretty darn good one.
Tris8

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:56 pm Reply with quote
Well, it's december now. Should we start a new thread for the topic voting?
Key

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:18 pm Reply with quote
I'm very busy this weekend. We'll get to that sometime next week.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Mylene

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:19 pm Reply with quote
Tris8 wrote:
Another possibility that has been previously mentioned is Best Child Prodigy. That one has a lot of possibilities over a lot of different series.

I really like this one, and it has a variety of options (particularly depending on how strict a definition of "prodigy" one goes for). You'd have everything from geniuses to artists to performers to presumably the extremely excellent child sports players, etc. Potentially a little something for everyone since they come from all genres within anime.
egoist

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:19 pm Reply with quote
I would possibly participate in the next one. I'm interested in re-doing the Most Evil Character or Best Hero/Antihero.
dtm42

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:26 pm Reply with quote
egoist wrote:
I would possibly participate in the next one. I'm interested in re-doing the Most Evil Character or Best Hero/Antihero.

Best Hero was recently done and would never be allowed, not for years and years. Most Evil is a possibility, because there have been some pretty effed-up characters lately that could be contenders, but not enough to really shake up the system. Most Moe Redux on the other hand would almost be an entirely new tournament from its predecessor, as the Moe boom was only just getting started in 2005 and there's hundreds - even thousands - of new Moe characters to nominate.

If a tournament is going to be revisited it will be Most Moe. It's the oldest tournament, there would be a mind-blowingly rich field of strong candidates, and it has the best chance of bringing in new people.
egoist

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:41 pm Reply with quote
But I'm fed up of moe, I'm sure a lot of people share the sentiment. Evil characters on the other hand, those are simply delightful.

I say let both into the voting process. If people want it, why not?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Contests and Games All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6