• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Best Team/Org Tournament: Guide Write-Ups

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Contests and Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Key

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:00 am Reply with quote
Oh, the pics I will still happily take. Some have been a pain in the butt to hunt down.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
egoist

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 11:48 am Reply with quote
Like I said already, only AAA team was copied from wiki and now it's probably too late to redo it since I was called to work 2 hours earlier. But I did Ouran High School Host Club and had to use wiki only to check for the members' names.
But then again, just like I said in any other of my entry guides, feel free to delete/redo/edit.
But well, I must add that I really liked how my entry guide for the host club turned out and that's probably the insight you were looking for (I watched the anime twice). I'd appreciate if you could use that. Some editing is welcome.
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 12:24 pm Reply with quote
I don't know if it's too late, but I added a 'left to right' under my picture for the Shuffle Alliance on page 15. I just kept forgetting to do it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Dorcas_Aurelia

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 1:07 pm Reply with quote
Key wrote:
Um, people, I appreciate the effort, but if all you're going to do for the entries is adapt them directly from Wikipedia then don't bother; I could do that myself. What I'm looking for is the kind of insight which comes from having actually watched the series in question and the kind of strength of argument which comes from actually being familiar with the series.

It's hard to convey that kind of insight when you cut the entries down to 100 words anyway.

Regarding the write-up for SMS, I didn't look at wikipedia, I just figured it'd be a shame if they ended up with the "No one cared enough to make a write-up for this group, so you might as well vote for the other team" message. I didn't even vote for them in the nomination phase because I didn't think there was enough focus on them to define their strengths, but they don't suck, so it seemed wrong to let them get screwed from the start. Also, I kind of hoped someone else would see it and write a real summary for them.
sailorsarah08

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:16 pm Reply with quote
I hope the picture is okay.

The Mew Mews, Tokyo Mew Mew
Picture:http://i391.photobucket.com/albums/oo359/Meroko93/tokyo-mew-mew.jpg

Key Members from left to right: Mint, Zakuro, Ichigo, Pudding, Lettuce.

What Makes Them a Great Team/Organization: The whole team is infused with the genes of endangered animals and charged with the task of defeating alien lifeforms. Ichigo is then sent to find all of the other Mew Mews, who come from different walks of life. Though some members are not at first open to the idea of fighting together; they soon forget their differences and work toward the common goal of saving the earth.
Key

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:57 pm Reply with quote
These are the current needs for Group D, and it's a big list. Please note that, in most cases, a pic is also need for the team/organization and notes about which character is who in the pic., as pinning down appropriate pics is, in many cases, the most time-consuming aspect of this process.

Magical Girl Squad, Tweeny Witches
Dragons of Heaven, X
Wolf Pack, Wolf's Rain
Warriors of Seriyuu/Suzaku, Fushigi Yugi (need both separately)
Ham-Hams, Hamtaro
Macross Bridge Crew, SDF Macross
Phantom Troupe, Hunter x Hunter
Kaleido stage crew, Kaleido Star
Shuffle Alliance, G-Gundam

Kisaragi Girls HS Baseball Team, Princess Nine
Child/Social Welfare Agency, Gunslinger Girl (and I want the name as it's presented in the English dub)
Attacked Mystification Police, Silent Mobius
Juppongatana, Ruroni Kenshin
TAC, Blue Seed

And although I'm responsible for both of these, I would welcome a volunteer writing these up, too (since I have something like eight to do this group):

Order of Magdelene, Chrono Crusade
Debris Section, Planetes

Last edited by Key on Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:09 pm; edited 4 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:30 pm Reply with quote
I already did one for the Shuffle Alliance a while ago, but this gives me an opportunity to redo it because the first one was horrible.

Picture
Left to Right: George DeSand, Sai Sai-C, Domon Kasshu, Rain Mikamura, Chibodee Crocket, Argo Gulski

The Shuffle Alliance, G-Gundam
Group Type: Earth Defenders
Key Members: Domon Kasshu(Leader), Rain Mikamura, Argo Gulski, Chibodee Crocket, George DeSand, Sai Sai-Ci
What makes them a great team: They are a great a team because even though they have their own personal and political reasons for winning the Gundam Tournament, they know when to put them aside for the better of the universe. Although their relationships are rocky at first, they quickly realize that they are an unbeatable team when their hearts and minds are in sync and their prides are burning within them. The one who ignites this fire within them is their leader Domon Kasshu, who is a very passionate martial artist that leads them to victory over the many enemies who try to get in their way.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
marie-antoinette

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:10 pm Reply with quote
Late submission for Group C but better than the one that's currently up for them at least.

Image: http://img248.imageshack.us/i/digimon8ye1.jpg/#q=digidestined%20adventures

Digidestined, Digimon Adventures and Digimon Adventures 02

Group Type: Hero Team

Members: (on top, left to right) Mimi Tachikawa, Koushiro "Izzy" Izumi, Taichi "Tai" Kamiya (leader), Hikari "Kari" Kamiya, Takeru "T. K." Takaishi, Sora Takenouchi, Yamato "Matt" Ishida, Joe Kido
(on bottom, left to right) Ken Ichijouji (as the Digimon Emperor/Kaiser), Daisuke/Davis Motomiya* (leader), Iori/Cody Hida*, Miyako/Yolei Inoue*, Ken Ichijouji

* for the 02 season, the dub included given names significantly different from the sub so names are listed sub/dub.

What Makes Them A Great Team: In the original Adventures season, the Digidestined** were strangers who were suddenly forced together by being pulled into the Digital World. While they faced many obstacles, both external and internal, they were able to work together with each other and their Digimon partners to save both the Digital and real world.

In Adventures 02 the gauntlet was passed to three new kids, plus Hikari and Takeru, who not only continued to protect the world but also managed to take their greatest enemy, the Digimon Emperor/Kaiser, and turn him into a team member and friend.

** The top row in the picture were the main Adventures characters, with Hikari joining midway through the season.

Also, for Group D, along with the Wolf Pack which I already said I would do, I can do the guide entries for the Dragons of Earth, Gunslinger Girl, and the two Fushigi Yuugi entries though I would be willing to let someone else do the Seiryuu Senshi since I'm not 100% convinced that they should be in the tournament. But if someone else wants to do these feel free! But I will make sure they get done before that section starts.
egoist

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:37 pm Reply with quote
I'll start working on a few of them I know (actually 3, from anime I've watched twice), but I won't name them, because if I do, people won't do them and just leave it to me and I want to see 2 entries for the same team. So I'll post them 1 day before the deadline(flexible), which is?
Note: No wiki this time (unlike with AAA team), since I plan on working on it slowly and taking my time.
If it helps by telling you which of them I'm working on, Key, just let me know.
zawa113

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:24 pm Reply with quote
Ham-Hams, Hamtaro
Group type: Adventuring hamsters club
Team Members: pic (Left to Right) Back row: Boss, Howdy, Panda, Jingle
Middle row: Oxnard, Maxwell, Dexter, Stan, Sandy
Front row: Snoozer, Bijiou, Hamtaro, Penelope, Pashima, Cappy(?)
What makes them a great team: This group of hamsters from a small random little town escape from their cages while their owners are all away at school and hang out in Boss' house under a tree (he has no owner and is a wild hamster). They spend their days getting into mischief and going on adventures, helping out each other with personal problems, and sometimes helping out their owners too. The Ham-Hams are always kind to each other and willing to help out with anything, even if it something that would normally go against their personal natures (such as getting dirty, giving up food, or even risking attack from a cat).

Well, this was a sad write-up for me, it proved that I still knew all the Ham-Hams names, it kinda embarassed me actually.

I can do a Kaleido Star entry, but I'm not quite done the series yet. Since it's a big test week for me, if no one claims it by Saturday, I'll do it.
DerekTheRed

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:56 pm Reply with quote
Macross Bridge Crew, SDF Macross
Group Type: Super Dimension Fortress Crew
Team Members: Admiral Bruno Global/Gloval (6), Misa Hayase/Lisa Hayes (2), Claudia LaSalle (1), Kim Kamirov (4), Shammy Milliome (5), Vanessa Laird (3).

Secondary: Pocky, Mei, Panapp

Getting a group shot is difficult because as you can see, the bridge is pretty big.

"Group" Shot

What Makes them a Great Team: Each member knows their job inside and out and they work together like a well oiled machine. They react to attacks, organize sorties, plan strikes, and orchestrate refueling and rearming of Veritech fighters all on their own for the first half of the show. Remember that their battle group accidentally became stranded on the fringes of the solar system, they didn't plan for the extra man power that would be needed for a months long excursion. Their great efficiency is demonstrated in that when one of the five primary is missing from their dedicated roles, they have a tendency to make mistakes. The second shift also demonstrates great teamwork and communication when (wo)manning the pinpoint barrier, an ad-hoc defense system that calls for focusing the power of a shield in a single area to get maximum protection with minimum energy.

(I have to go, but I'll edit in Pocky, Mei and Panapp's pictures. I don't want to leave them out because in my mind they have the most demonstrable teamwork in the group.)
egoist

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:57 pm Reply with quote
Feather Seekers, Tsubasa: Reservoir Chronicles
Group Type: Adventurers
Members: Um, yeah, huh? - From left to right and lastly top: Fay, Syaoran, Sakura, Kurogane and Mokona.
What Makes Them A Great Team: Sakura's memories took the form of feathers and were dispersed across many different worlds and dimensions. To find those feathers, Syaoran had to exchange one of the most precious things to him with the dimension witch, and that's when the destined meeting with the other members happened. At first, a discord between the members was inevitable, though each of the members were exceptionally strong, most of the adventures they went through required more than mere individual strength, but following Syaoran's strong wishes to find Sakura's feathers, their strength as a team grew to unexpected levels. Thinking and caring about each other is this group's asset.

Edited at mm 5 minutes after I posted the original.
Members as of the picture Key used.
Sorry about the delay, I could've done that earlier... probably, but it's been a really stressing weekend at work among some other circumstances.

3 teams from group D should be ready by thursday or friday.
egoist

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:10 pm Reply with quote
Phantom Troupe, Hunter x Hunter
Group Type: Outlaw
Members: From left to right; Red - Hisoka - Franklin - Pakunoda - Shizuku; Green - Sharnock - Korutopi - Phinx - Bonorenofu; Yellow - Nobunaga - Feitan; Blue - Machi - Kuroro Lucifer(leader) - Ubogin
What Makes Them A Great Team: An outlaw organisation with the sole goal of robbing rare items. Composed by powerful individuals, they've proven to be one of the strongest evil organisations, unstoppable while working in groups. Whenever there's an internal discord, that dispute must be solved through a coin flip, infighting is against the group's rules. But there's also strong bonds between some of the members and great respect for their leader, a leader who cares for the group more than his own life.

Pic 1, Pic 2. Both are the same, but on pic 2 the characters are marked.

Order of Magdalene, Chrono Crusade
Group Type: Religious
Members:Chrono, Rosette, Azmaria, Sister Kate (Head of the New York Branch), Father Remington(second in command) and Elder(weaponry engineer).
What Makes Them A Great Team: Founded to pass God's will onto humanity as well as exorcising devils. Mostly consisted of exorcists, exorcists that are ranked by skill and experience. Facing its greatest threat, Aion the Sinner, who's trying to rebuild the world, the order has been using all of its resources and working towards God's will to save the people from Aion and the other devils. Protective and caring about each other during their missions and in time of crisis is what makes this a strong team.

I couldn't find a picture of the whole order, tried searching a few episodes I thought I could take a shot of all of them, but failed. But if you have one, feel free.
This one could be used as an emergency measure: Pic. Left to right: Chrono, Rosette and Azmaria.

Juppongatana, Rurouni Kenshin
Group Type: Revolutionary
Members: From the picture, descending from left to right: Shishio(leader), Hoji, Yumi, Soujiro, Kamatari, Usui, Cho, Fuji, Iwanbo, Anji, Henya and finally Saizuchi.
What Makes Them A Great Team: Created by a former assassin who was betrayed by the current Japanese government. Their main goal, conquer all Japan and strenghten it against foreign threats by re-creating the chaos of the revolution. Placing fear and disorder within the government, seizing villages and terrorizing the habitants.

I can't think of anything else to write for this team... I curse whoever proposed them.

I couldn't find anything else with all the members so,
Pic.
Or this pic: The large image is Shishio. The top row has, left to right, Hoji, Yumi, Usui, Cho, Fuji, and Iwanbo. The bottom row has Soujiro, Kamatari, Anji, Henya, and Saizuchi.

I know 3 more teams there, but I'm definitely not doing the guide entry for them (unless they come to the same situation as feather seekers)... since I'll be trying out my new mmorpg tomorrow (yay lvling up and time draining game inc!).
zawa113

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 1:29 pm Reply with quote
Blah, finding pics for Kaleido Stag crew proved more difficult than I thought. largest image like this I could actually find and damn if it doesn't have a quarter of the people missing from my list of members below.
Kaleido Stage Crew, Kaleido Star
Group Type: performing group
group members: Kalos (owner/manager), Ken Robbins (stage manager), Sarah (building manager/performer), Mr. Benigni (set builder),
Performers are as follows: Sora Naegino, Layla Hamilton, Mia Guillem (also show writer), Anna Heart, Marion Benigni, Jonathan the Seal, Rosetta Passel, May Wong, Leon Oswald
What makes them a great group: The Kaleido Stage Crew's job is to put on great performances of different shows for the enjoyment of all. Many of the performers saw a Kaleido Stage production when they were little, which spurred them to join the group when they grew up and many of them hope to pass the same onto their viewing audience. The Kaleido crew works hard to put on great productions and bond as a team of performers and friends as a result. While many of the group members have personal goals, when it comes to putting on a production, they're all on the same note and work together magnificently to excite the audience.
Ggultra2764
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 1:35 pm Reply with quote
egoist wrote:
I can't think of anything else to write for this team... I curse whoever proposed them.

Why thanks for the cursing considering I was the one that nominated them. Laughing

But I already wrote up a description of the team quite a while ago.

Juppongatana, Rurouni Kenshin
Group Type: Terrorist group
Members: Makoto Shishio (leader), Seta Soujiro, Uonuma Usui, Yukyuzan Anji, Sadojima Hoji (second-in-command), Sawagejo Cho, Honjo Kamatari, Kariwa Henya, Iwanbo, Saizuchi, Fuji
What Makes Them a Great Team/Organization: This elite group of swordsmen were formed under the leadership of Makoto Shishio to overthrow the Meiji government and take control of Japan. With Hoji’s powerful influence, the Juppongatana were able to acquire weaponry from off the black market such as the metal-plated battleship Purgatory. Desiring a government where the strong were valued over the weak, the Juppongatana wrecked havoc throughout Japan attempting to burn down the city of Kyoto and use the Purgatory to attack Tokyo.

I can do a write-up on the Social Welfare Agency.

Social Welfare Agency, Gunslinger Girl franchise
Group Type: Military organization
Key Members: Henrietta, Rico, Triela, Claes, Angelica, Jose (Henrietta's handler), Jean (Rico's handler), Hilshire (Triela's handler), Marco (Angelica's handler)
What Makes Them a Great Team/ Organization: The Social Welfare Agency is a military organization funded by the Italian government that specializes in counter-terrorism and counter-intelligence. Using the public image of a charitable group that rehabilitates children as a front, the SWA makes use of young girls as cyborg assassins who are "conditioned" into being loyal partners to their handlers, with each duo being known as fratellos. The handlers of the fratello are responsible for the training, welfare and field performance of their cyborg partners.The fratellos cooperate and interact with each other both on missions and at headquarters. When on missions, large-scale operations make use of two or more fratellos to cooperate together in the apprehension or elimination of terrorist targets. While at headquarters, the cyborg girls connect with one another as girls of their age normally would and train together in practices.

A picture of the cyborgs (from top to bottom): Triela (top left), Angelica (top right), Henrietta (center), Rico (bottom left), Claes (bottom right)
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Contests and Games All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 24 of 25