• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Naruto for Adult Swim

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
v1cious

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 11:56 am Reply with quote
the way i see it, Naruto's gonna end up on Adult Swim eventually. it's almost inevitable, as later on the humor starts getting really crude and over-the-top. I don't think stuff like spoiler[The Drunken Fist] is gonna sit well with Toonami.
Ryvius213

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 1:44 am Reply with quote
Hey, if they showed Jiraiya's face on Toonami, I'd say drinking wouldn't be much of a problem either. Wink

And like others have said. It just won't succeed on Adult Swim. Most Adult Swim viewers would rather watch mature comedy or something with a little more thought put into it. It might have decent ratings if it was sandwiched between 2 popular AS shows, though.
sirkozmo

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 8:56 am Reply with quote
v1cious wrote:
the way i see it, Naruto's gonna end up on Adult Swim eventually. it's almost inevitable, as later on the humor starts getting really crude and over-the-top. I don't think stuff like spoiler[The Drunken Fist] is gonna sit well with Toonami.

That's doubtful. Think about the simple that Naruto calls Jariya 'Pervy-Sage', especially during those scenes where he acts like one. Plus, even in the beginning of the series' airing on Toonami the Harem-Jutsu was never cut out, nor was it ever afterwards to my recollection. Although I rarely watch the dub version nowadays so I could care less even if it was on adult swim. But I could understand how some might want to view an uncut dub.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
God Gundam

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 9:21 am Reply with quote
The dub does not need to go to AS. It's practically uncut on Toonami as it is. They've shown the Harem Jutsu and Jiraiya's antics. They've shown some amounts of blood. They've shown smoking. They talk about killing and death. CN's kept in so much stuff that it doesn't need to go to Adult Swim, where it would fail.

Now Kenshin, that should've been on AS.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3