• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
OMG it's coming ad

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Emerje

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:48 am Reply with quote
Panda Man wrote:
9hoenix_ wrote:
It could be related to Kannagi since the English fan club website updates every Thursday.

I think you are right, because today, the Nagi-Sama Fan Club gt updated with a distorted image, and it won't show who is in it until next Thursday.

Here is the link to the page with the image: http://nagisamafanclub.com/what.html

Hmm, that's entirely possible. I've seen some club ads here at ANN so it's not like they aren't already advertising here. We already know OMG is a dummy site so I suppose I could see Aniplex rigging this up. Certainly fits the low-tech look of the fan site.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Emerje

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:20 am Reply with quote
Just go ahead and say your guess, that's the fun of this.

I've been thinking that this could be similar to what FUNi did with the post cards a while back where there was hidden meaning in the silhouettes. There's a guess that this is for Kannagi: Crazy Shrine Maidens, so consider this: The first picture is a man, the second a dancer, if you say "mandancer" (or at least "mandan") it kinda sounds like "maiden" and "car" could be the start to "crazy".

Or I could be 100% out of my mind and reading waaaay too much into this...

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Starre257

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:34 pm Reply with quote
New picture. An animation of someone looking around.

I have no clue.
braves

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:41 pm Reply with quote
He seems to have something on his head, too. Like a horn...is he wearing a mask?

The silhouettes have been pretty random. I can't make heads or tails of it. :/
emilydastrange

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:44 pm Reply with quote
braves wrote:
He seems to have something on his head, too. Like a horn...is he wearing a mask?

The silhouettes have been pretty random. I can't make heads or tails of it. :/

Or hands are at his head and is looking around? I think that seems pretty likely.

I don't get them but I'm sure they're all connected in a weird way few would think of... we shall see.
LeanGreen

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:54 pm Reply with quote
Yen Press has just recently (today I think) revealed that they are having a special feature or new series for serialization in their Yen Plus anthology involving a question mark, possibly a new manga acquisition (however my guess is Yotsuba). For a moment there I thought that and the OMGitscoming ad were related. Considering the cleanness of Yen Press's "?" and the ad's, and the difference in color schemes, on second thought my guess isn't very likely. But hey, possibilities.
dtm42

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:41 pm Reply with quote
Well judging by all of the responses, I think the ad campaign has by and large done its job, which was to generate interest. Interest in what? I suppose we'll see, though I'm not holding my breath that it will be of interest to me.
JLightstar

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 1:33 am Reply with quote
as of this writing, the animation now looks like a man who is looking at both directions as if he was looking for something. It also looks like he is wearing a headband since there is something sticking up from where the forehead is.. It could be some historical maybe?
Obelisk429

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:34 am Reply with quote
this newest image is just the same thing, flipped back and forth. Didn't even notice how it's "looking around" until you guys pointed it out.
Joe Mello

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 3:47 am Reply with quote
Emerje wrote:
Doing a tiny bit of investigating it seems like the site is being hosted in PA, but the contact info is through a private host rather than listing the name of the company that set it up, probably to help keep it secret.

That...doesn't mean much. Outside of Wizard World Philly, I can't imagine anything willing to put the money and effort into a mysterious campaign such as this.

And Dan could be in the dark on this by design, or feigning ignorance.

ETA: If it involves Kaijuu Big Battel, I'll be very disappointed.
MrCool00236

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 7:06 pm Reply with quote
http://nagisamafanclub.com/what.html

the person in this image appears to be wearing a suit and tie with a top hat. it reminds me of a detective like light's dad from death note. or possibly a man from a rich family, but id lean more to the detective. in the show the one guy drove a red porsche(car), also the mystery aspect could be from the side of L when the sow started.

well idk thats just my wild guess any way. it is fun though.
NNUfergs

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 1:26 pm Reply with quote
Several of you have come to the conclusion that it is not news related to ANN, however I still think I may have something to do with Zac's new project (the former Answerman columnist). It's been know for a while that he's is coming back to ANN with something new and in Brian's latest Answerman column he briefly discussed Zac's speedy return:

Q: I noticed that the person you replaced has been dormant since he retired from this column. So what is he going to be doing now? I have been waiting for such a long time to read his style of humor in another column. Personally I enjoy it, though I don't enjoy him. What's taking him so long?

A: All I will say on this matter is: patience! Zac is working on something really cool that you'll all hear about soon.

animenewsnetwork.com/answerman/2009-07-10

Maybe it has something to do with that.
Emerje

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 2:44 pm Reply with quote
NNUfergs wrote:
Maybe it has something to do with that.

I'll admit, this isn't a very "un-Zac" thing to do so nothing would surprise me at this point.

Emerje
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 6:20 pm Reply with quote
I bet Zac is reading all this and just laughing hilariously at us and will continue to laugh at us when our hopes and desires for licenses get crushed. If it is him, I bet he did this intentionally just to laugh at us. The man's a genius if he did.
Symmetrical_Magician

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 7:09 pm Reply with quote
I don't mind having my head messed with... but it better be worth it! Whether it's Zac, or some anime distribution company, whatever is revealed at the appointed time has to be the most awesome thing ever. Laughing
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6