• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The X Button - Show Downs

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Henry Jones

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 2:14 am Reply with quote
SaharaFrost wrote:
Isn't Rune Factory: Tides of Destiny getting a delay? I know that Amazon has changed the release date to late October...

Press release points to October 11th. Which is fine by me. Gives me a chance to play through Harvest Moon: Tale of Two Towns and it's more than enough time before Silent Hill: Downpour (Which one of these things is not like the other....). I always found it stupid that Natsume was set to release two of their flagship titles on back-to-back weeks. Still doesn't make sense to be less than a month apart because they aren't the richest company in the world and you'd think such close release dates would fragment the audience and lower profits, but eh, this isn't the first time they've done this, so maybe they know something I don't.

By the way, Tale of Two Towns is still an enjoyable game, but man, are they getting stagnant on their Harvest Moon brand. The characters still say the same things over and over and over every day instead of rotating topics and talking about more things when the relationship improves like the characters in Rune Factory are doing in the more recent entries.

I can appreciate the push in Bazaar to make the players do things they normally skip in Harvest Moon games (I never cooked unless I had to), but here for every advance they make in Town, there's something else that hurts it. Like the request board taken from Rune Factory. Gives more things to do, BUT..... make sure you forage for the items BEFORE you accept the request. Otherwise, the item you need to get becomes very hard to find! Seriously, I accepted a request to get two weeds-objects that usually COVER the world in these games-and it took me two days to find two them. Yeah..... weird design choice there.
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 2:13 pm Reply with quote
Is it me, or are all those animals in Tokyo Jungle oversized?

Also, Solatorobo looks interesting. It feels like one of those series with a lot of charm and not a lot of love, which makes me curious (which is ultimately why I got No More Heroes 2, for instance). What is it about? What distinguishes it from other games of its genre?

The Count wrote:
The one disappointment for me was learning the Vita won't come with any internal storage and Sony is using a new type of card that will max out at 32GB.

Are you serious? And that's supposed to help their piracy problem how?
belvadeer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:38 pm Reply with quote
Kyogissun wrote:
Regardless of how the 'furries' lurking on the internet have destroyed any likability for Solatorobo, I'm still gonna check it out.

I don't see what furries have to do with anything.
sfried

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:55 am Reply with quote
leafy sea dragon wrote:
Also, Solatorobo looks interesting. It feels like one of those series with a lot of charm and not a lot of love, which makes me curious (which is ultimately why I got No More Heroes 2, for instance). What is it about? What distinguishes it from other games of its genre?
It's got the Mega Man Legends vibe. It's a platform adventure-ish game where you toss stuff at one another. Might seem simple on the outside but it does build upon it slowly.

And its addictive.
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:34 am Reply with quote
So it's frenetic and chaotic, right? That's my favorite kind of game.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2