• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Batman Ninja vs. Yakuza League Film Sequel Reveals Trailer, Visuals

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rob19ny

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2024 6:41 am Reply with quote
I liked the 1st Ninja Batman and I am definitely excited for this, especially for the seiyuu.
mdo7

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2024 12:47 pm Reply with quote
For those of you that are confused by the female Green Lantern seen in the trailer, that's Jessica Cruz, the 7th GL. I think some of you may have seen her in Justice League vs. the Fatal Five (a nice follow up to the DCAU's Justice League TV show). It's nice to see lesser well-known DC characters making appearance in anime, and this one doesn't disappoint. I'm kind of hyped how this will turn out.

Rob19ny wrote:
I liked the 1st Ninja Batman and I am definitely excited for this, especially for the seiyuu.

Speaking of seiyus, I better hope when Warner Bros released this on home video, they better not screw up the subtitling for the Japanese audio like they did for the 1st film, and they better put the Japanese audio on the audio section of the disc's main menu instead of the special feature section like they did on the first film's blu-ray/DVD. I'll quote Blu-ray.com about Batman: Ninja on this:

Eric Larson of Blu-ray.com wrote:
Oddly, the original Japanese sound track, a Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround mix (640 kbps), is placed in the bonus features pop-up menu instead of in the audio sub-menu! Leo Chu, the producer and writer of Batman Ninja's English version, told Michael Rougeau of Game Spot that although the visuals in both language editions are identical, approximately 90 percent of the dialogue is different. Chu and fellow English scribe Eric Garcia received a six-page manuscript containing a rough, literal translation of the Japanese script. Warner has included six different language dubs in lossy DD 5.1. It's unfortunate that the studio couldn't have dropped some of them and given the Japanese audio a DTS-HD MA or Dolby TrueHD.

Fourteen subtitling options are available for the feature. You can watch the English version with English SDH and the Japanese with regular English subtitles.

I better not see another screw up like that for the sequel, I want the US home video release (both blu-ray, 4K UHD BD, & DVD) to have these:

-Japanese audio DTS HD Master Audio or Dolby Atmos (I don't care if it's 5.1 or 7.1), but no lossy Dolby Digital 5.1 like the previous film. The Japanese audio selection is to be on the audio section of the main menu, and not the special feature menu (like in the previous film).
-Beside English SDH subtitles/dubtitles/CC for the English dub, there must be a English subtitle that directly translate from the Japanese audio, no rough translation or mistranslation. Treat it like any other anime that get a translation. It's an anime, and of course Japanese audio is used like any other anime, but for goodness sake, we want subtitles that directly translate the Japanese spoken there. If SEGA's Judgement video game can have 2 English subtitles (one for the dub, and one for translating Japanese audio), then it should be possible for this Batman Ninja sequel film to have 2 different English subtitles.

That's all I want for this film's home video release in the US. Is it that hard to give the Japanese audio and English subtitle a proper release for US audiences.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2