• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Straighten Up!, Karakai Jōzu no Takagi-san Top Poll of Anime Fans Want

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
danpmss

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:15 pm Reply with quote
ew121 wrote:
Engineering Nerd wrote:
But I thought the manga is ending soon though (probably cancelled due to low volume sales, relatively speaking compare to other Shonen Jump Weekly titles)? Highly unlikely that the publisher is willing to green lit a manga in that status.

Again, would love to be proven wrong

The series wasn't cancelled, it just ended. The author does short series.

It got cut short (wasn't performing that well either in sales or ranking). The author always closes all plot threads in his works, except this one, which had quite of an obviously rushed ending in what was supposed to be the first out of many bigger events in the manga.

Anyone who was reading could have easily noticed that.
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:24 pm Reply with quote
Awesome to see The Promised Neverland on the list. I think it'd make something very interesting to watch, though they'd have to fix some of the pacing problems it has. It stalled out around chapters 7 to 18, though it's picked back up since, in some pretty big ways.

I'd bet Shirai thought the series would be quickly axed and didn't expect the readers to choose it to be 2016's big new hit, and wrote it with a two-volume length in mind and had to scramble to fill it out.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2