• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sword Art Online: Extra Edition Special Key Visual, Story Revealed

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Julliant

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:47 am Reply with quote
And here I was hoping they would make some OVAs of the serious plot points they left out from the novels.

While it's still entertaining and merits a 7/10, this anime had so much potential only to fall short and stoop to ridiculous amounts of fan-service.
ANN_Lynzee
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:24 am Reply with quote
mehh wrote:
Gahh wish they'd animate some of the stories they missed out (tonkii), rather than just create a shitty fan service special to mine the fanbase further.

But it means more swimsuit merchandise
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Janitor Tzap

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:11 pm Reply with quote
Speaking of SAO.......

Check out what Toonami is doing.
Quote:
Aniplex to host Sword Art Online “Watch and Win” Contest on Toonami™

SANTA MONICA, CA (October 7, 2013) –This month, Sword Art Online fans will be treated to
something special. Aniplex of America has just announced they will be hosting a special Sword
Art Online “Watch and Win” contest on Adult Swim’s Toonami™. Viewers will have the
opportunity to win a wide variety of prizes including Sword Art Online Blu-ray sets and DVDs.
Other prizes include Sword Art Online Weib Schwarz trial decks from Bushiroad. Three special
grand prize winners will receive a brand new 3D Personal Viewer courtesy of Sony Electronics.
The New Sony 3D Personal Viewers will let fans submerge themselves into the world of Sword
Art Online as if they were Kirito and Asuna. With the Sony 3D Personal Viewers fans can
experience entertainment in a brand new way. This is a special opportunity to win some great
prizes while watching Sword Art Online.

To enter, viewers would need to tune in and watch Sword Art Online on Toonami™ Saturday
Nights at 2:00am EST/PST on October 20th and 27th and look for the keyword shown
immediately after the show. Viewers will then enter the keyword on the entry form on the Sword
Art Online Contest Page (http://www.aniplexusa.com/contest).

Be sure to watch Sword Art Online on
Toonami™ and don’t miss your chance to watch and win from Aniplex of America!
Adult Swim’s Toonami™ is not sponsoring this contest. For complete details about the Sword
Art Online Watch and Win Contest, please go to AniplexUSA.com/contest

Signed: Janitor Tzap
Ginsan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:35 am Reply with quote
No way! Instead of these random fanservice sheeze, give us season 2 already. How long are they going to keep up with the suspense, we know it's a given.
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:18 am Reply with quote
octopodpie wrote:
mehh wrote:
Gahh wish they'd animate some of the stories they missed out (tonkii), rather than just create a shitty fan service special to mine the fanbase further.

But it means more swimsuit merchandise

This is true, I believe only Asuna has had a Beach Queen figurine so far. It opens up all kinds of new merchandising opportunities if all of the main girls get official swimsuits they can make figurines, posters and other stuff for.
Adamb15

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 2:54 am Reply with quote
mewpudding101 wrote:
The unavoidable, yet barfable swimsuit episode. Add a loli to that... Ugh. I live in Japan, so I'll probably watch, but... Sigh.

I'm sorry you are unhappy with the decisions of the producers and studio heads. Unfortunately selling anime is a business and it is regrettable that you as a fan may feel it is something more special.

And lolis are cute.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2