• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: More Negima

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 11:50 pm Reply with quote
Pocky_aDDict wrote:
(SHAFT + GAINAX)Negima = Negima Genesis Evangeline? Anime hyper

Recently GAINAX has shifted its interest from giant robots to maids (Mahoromatic, KonoMini, Goshujin-sama), and maids in Negima is neither new nor unpredictable.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
wao

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 2:10 am Reply with quote
Yeah, I don't think we'll expect the Top2 or FLCL-side of GAINAX for this one... Unless some of that staff is attracted by Akiyuki Shinbou.

SHAFT and Gainax have worked together on Kono Minikuku mo Utsukushii Sekai, before...

But frankly speaking, I'm sick of seeing Shinbou doing these kind of moe shows - I wish we could see him do another Soul Taker ep 1 or even Cossette type of thing... though granted, even in Tsukuyomi and PPD the visuals were quite quirky.
IchigoK90

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 9:49 am Reply with quote
Pocky_aDDict wrote:
OT: Speaking of other Akamatsu anime, whatever happened to the 3rd episode of Itsudatte My Santa?...

I believe Itsudate My Santa was only meant to be 2 episodes if I remember correctly.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
AstroNerdBoy

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 11:55 pm Reply with quote
Pocky_aDDict wrote:
I don't know if it'd be a remake. They possibly might just continue off from where the Summer OVA ends [which we wait to be released to the public].

As I understand it (not having seen the 2-episode OAV), the two OAV episodes aren't a continuation of the TV series but take place within the TV series (though animated by a different company). I could be wrong though, but that was my understanding.

Quote:
(SHAFT + GAINAX)Negima = Negima Genesis Evangeline? Anime hyper A Chachamaru eva would win.

Close, but no cigar. You are forgetting about the Chachazero EVA which would kick everyone's arse while making some politically incorrect joke. Twisted Evil

Quote:
OT: Speaking of other Akamatsu anime, whatever happened to the 3rd episode of Itsudatte My Santa?...

The "3rd" episode mentioned at the end of episode 2 was a joke as I understand it. This was a 2-episode OAV unless something else happens.

You got to love an anime where the lead female character gets excited over generating 30% more fish to dump on the bad guys! Very Happy
ZODDGUTS

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 8:57 pm Reply with quote
Man this is good news hopefully it is a remake because the TV series wasn't all that good it didn't capture the mood and feel that the manga had.
TAKAVAR

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 10:24 am Reply with quote
I'm beginning to suspect if Akamatsu's work can be translated to anime properly at all.

Its a good idea to change the original story line, so to have something diffrent, but the anime serries ( even love hina ) couldn't live up to the fast paced actions and crazy events that happen in his mangas.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2