• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kami Nomi zo Shiru Sekai Manga Gets Anime Green-Lit

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:24 am Reply with quote
Although I had my doubts at first with the manga, this series quickly has become one of my favorite manga series currently. Initally, I thought this might be an ecchi series, but I was so off base. This easily is a A+ series because the main character is original and cast of characters (minor and major) have had some much character development over the last 93 chapters, this series sets it self apart from other romantic comedies.

But what is so awesome about the manga is that after every "victory" there is filler/related to story chapter afterward. And on later chapters, what starts out as filler, ends up being a being part of story and extremely interesting.

Toradora was the latest masterpiece I've seen and that ended in 2008. The way the manga has been created and the fascinating stories that have been writen, this series could easily become better than the manga if done properly. Although I have enjoyed Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood, enjoyed the fact that Dragonball Z Kai exists and the final season of Inuyasha actually was made, but to finally be able to watch a manga series I've enjoyed since the first chapter (much like FMA, Inu and DBZ) is very up lifting.

These days, a original series is exceptionally and I mean exceptionally rare to find. I do look forward to the first episode.
SongstressCela

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 3:42 pm Reply with quote
championferret wrote:
Pedestrian A wrote:
championferret wrote:
Only recently started getting into this so it's pretty good news but...

What the hell is with the picture ANN used for this article?!

It's the official chapter cover FLAG94, as you can see in the top-right. It is probably one of Mr. Wakaki's countless allusions; this one is akin to the one I saw in chapter 31, page 03.

I figured as much, it just seems like a bizarre picture to use (even if that's where the announcement was) as a representation of the series itself due to how OOC it is.

Good to know, because the premise sounds interesting but that picture was a massive turn-off.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2