• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime Quote Guessing Game Round 5~!

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Contests and Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tris8

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:54 am Reply with quote
In this case, that's good enough! You are correct Calathan. Normally I err on the picky side, but when spoiler[Arusu] says this, she is thinking it (not saying it aloud). Though spoiler[Sheila and Eva] are present, her addressees are the audience so Im more lenient on harder ones like this.
Calathan
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:17 am Reply with quote
That was actually another question I had . . . whether internal thoughts or narration that is spoken by a voice actor but not actually spoken by the character is allowed. I take it from your post that it is allowed.

Anyway, I've been wanting a turn here for a while, but I'm so bad at quotes that I've never seen a quote posted that I thought I could guess. Here is a quote I was hoping to use . . . hopefully this hasn't been used before.

From subs . . . I think these are official subs, but I'm not 100% sure of that:

Character A: Hey [Character B]. Which is more important? To have status and fame, or to keep your sanity?
Character B: The latter one. How about you?
Character A: I think the former, but I wonder which one I should choose today.
Calathan
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:42 am Reply with quote
Hint 1: spoiler[In a previous part of the franchise, the characters used their invention to destroy the moon.]
Calathan
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:54 pm Reply with quote
Hint 1: spoiler[In a previous part of the franchise, the characters used their invention to destroy the Moon.]
Hint 2: spoiler[In this short episode, the characters use their invention to visit Mars.]
Errinundra

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:23 pm Reply with quote
I think it's the following:

Anime: spoiler[Spirit of Wonder Scientific Boys Club]
Episode: spoiler[Planet of Miss China]
A: spoiler[Breckenridge]
B: spoiler[Jim]

Thanks, yet again, for introducing me to a new anime. Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Calathan
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:25 pm Reply with quote
errinundra wrote:
I think it's the following:

Anime: spoiler[Spirit of Wonder Scientific Boys Club]
Episode: spoiler[Planet of Miss China]
A: spoiler[Breckenridge]
B: spoiler[Jim]

Thanks, yet again, for introducing me to a new anime. Smile

That's correct. This is when spoiler[they find the ruins of a town on Mars, with the implication that they would be crazy to believe what they are seeing, but would be famous if they tell people about it.]
Errinundra

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:52 pm Reply with quote
From the dub. The sub is similar.

It bothers me that I wasn’t able to thank you for your kindness. I want to see you more than anything, but the war grows more intense by the day. When at last this war is over, and the real peace is finally here, I’ll go home to Hokkaido and finish that painting. And some day I’d like to show you that starry sky and the pure, pure whiteness of the snow just as I promised you I would. And you’ll agree it’s like a strange and distant planet.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Sea Lion

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:31 pm Reply with quote
I believe that is spoiler[Millennium Actress, and the speaker is the unnamed artist, talking to Chiyoko.]
Errinundra

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:38 pm Reply with quote
Sea Lion wrote:
I believe that is spoiler[Millennium Actress, and the speaker is the unnamed artist, talking to Chiyoko.]

Again, that's good enough. spoiler[We are hearing the voice of the artist as Chiyoko is reading his letter that she received many years later from the man with the scar on his face seeking atonement. It's at the start of the musical interlude / running sequence.] Your turn.
zawa113

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:50 pm Reply with quote
Curses! MA was my best guess, except that the R1 English DVD doesn't have a dub. I'm assuming it must have a dub in Australia then? I did not know that.
Errinundra

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:57 pm Reply with quote
classicalzawa wrote:
Curses! MA was my best guess, except that the R1 English DVD doesn't have a dub. I'm assuming it must have a dub in Australia then? I did not know that.

The Australian release (through Madman) has the UK dub, which I presume was done by Manga Entertainment UK. If I had have realised that the American release was sub only I would have included the sub version of the quote. Although they are pretty similar, the sub lacks the reference to the distant planet at the end of the quote.
Raftina

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:19 am Reply with quote
Hmmm, I think that's 48 hours without the new quote. Let's get the ball rolling again.

"But thine eyes shall be clouded by chaos. Thou shalt be trapped in a cage of madness, and I shalt hold thy chains!"
Errinundra

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:43 am Reply with quote
You've jumped the gun. It's only about 30 hours since I confirmed Sea Lion's guess as correct. Wink

Mmmm.

Quote:
11. If no one gets it right after 10 guesses (or if no one gets it right for 2 days, regardless of the number of guesses), ANYONE can post a quote but it’s first come, first serve. This rule shall also be observed if there is no new quote in 2 days.

Is that 2 days from the last quote or from confirmation? Confused
Errinundra

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:50 am Reply with quote
I'm going to complicate matters by guessing that Raftina's quote is spoiler[Zoken Matou summoning Berserker in Fate / Zero.]
Raftina

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:54 am Reply with quote
It's 2 days from the confirmation, so I jumped the gun. Sorry.

As such, I will leave the evaluation of the answer to when I actually get to post the quote. Twisted Evil
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Contests and Games All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 98 of 100