• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Tsukimichi -Moonlit Fantasy- (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
smurky turkey

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2024 11:26 am Reply with quote
Well, poor snek boy was off-screened so no epic fight in regards to that I suppose. Otherwise the episode reminded me of just how much has happened this season: the majority of the final episode was putting a neat bow on many storylines and things previously set in motion. Despite the show having cut some if not a lot of the source material it actually felt pretty complete to me as a whole. Be it managing the demi-human realm, being a teacher at school or having to deal with the demon/human war, I liked all of it and the season felt like a pretty big upgrade compared to the first one to me.

My only complaint would probably be a certain dragon slayer still being alive.....maybe?
Edjwald

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2024 3:08 pm Reply with quote
I told ya about Sophia, Smurky. And Lancer might not be completely out of it either if he's tied to that sword. @#%$in Shonen bad guy recycling...

That said, I can now officially verify that I liked season 2 better than season 1, and I liked season 1 pretty well. I'm still not a huge Makato fan. I don't dislike him, but he's pretty bland for taking up such a huge chunk of the show. But I like the empire building, and the Tomoe and Mio duo always gives me a chuckle. The strife between factions is pretty well handled, and the balance between comedy and action is fun. Good stuff IMHO.
Cryten

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2024 7:34 pm Reply with quote
Well I suppose it is appropriate that the ending of the season reflects how the anime handled most of the plot. Using silly joke asides as a way to summarise and bypass the needs of all the background story telling. Though it does make the overall story far lighter, thus more easily consumable, so I will recognise that it does well for encouraging the popularity of the series. Even some of its harsher points of views shine through on occasion with the way certain characters act in the anime.

Graphics wise I think JC actually did far better then what I expected. Most combat moments had a good level of animation, and where smooth and readable as well. I still adore the voice work for the main characters, even if I find Hibiki slightly weird, it is ignorable at the very least.

I wonder how season 3 will be handled as, from what I can gather from vieled conversation from the web novel readers, the plot heads more towards Darker self interest and complicated weaving of magical elements with everyday people.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2024 10:22 pm Reply with quote
Season 2, Episode 25 (season finale)

Yeah, I found the second season more enjoyable than I found the first season.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7