• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The List - 7 Tragically Unlicensed Shojo Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zensunni

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:41 am Reply with quote
Why is the poll already closed? Sad

Yes, it has already been stated multiple times, and I said I would delete all further "X series is not shoujo" after my post on page 5. --willag
Ashen Phoenix

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 6:17 pm Reply with quote
Randamo wrote:
I feel like Chihayafuru and Paradise Kiss don't really belong in this list.

I mean, sure, I'm from Australia and I can buy them easily, but I don't see why it's such a barrier for anyone else. I've had to import heaps of American anime they don't have over here. If you really want the series, it's just a matter of paying a bit more than usual.

I think it's awesome that Australian companies exist that will licence a series that otherwise would have been ignored by the American licensers.

And yes I totally want Boys over Flowers re-released. Even with the weak ending. I can't stand reading manga anymore.

Forgive me if this sounds like an ignorant question, but are Australian DVDs/BDs region specific? I'd love to own Chihayafuru here in the states.
omiya

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:40 pm Reply with quote
Ashen Phoenix wrote:

Forgive me if this sounds like an ignorant question, but are Australian DVDs/BDs region specific? I'd love to own Chihayafuru here in the states.

Chihayafuru DVD released in Australia by Siren Visual is Region 4,

Paradise Kiss DVD released in Australia by Madman is Region 2 and 4.

In Australia most DVD players are multi-region, or one can use a DVD player program such as VLC on a pc to play DVD's from any region.
Ashen Phoenix

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 4:34 pm Reply with quote
omiya wrote:
Ashen Phoenix wrote:

Chihayafuru DVD released in Australia by Siren Visual is Region 4,

Paradise Kiss DVD released in Australia by Madman is Region 2 and 4.

In Australia most DVD players are multi-region, or one can use a DVD player program such as VLC on a pc to play DVD's from any region.

Thanks so much for the info.

Hmm. The system I have is the Panasonic DMP-BDT220 Integrated Wi-Fi 3D Blu-ray DVD Player. I purposely got one that was the simplest to operate since I understand virtually nothing about them.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7