• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 2009 Haruhi TV Run's 8th Episode Listed as New Episode

Goto page Previous    Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ninjapet

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 2:31 pm Reply with quote
Well all we can do is hope that this is true

what I meant about the HD thing is that it would be the same as the DVD release. It's still going to look pretty nice thats all we need to know

But I have to agree with the fans have the right to be mad. Kyoto Animation is just trying to build up hype but it failed on there part. I mean what have they put out this year worth watching? K-on! and Haruhi-chan. Both are pretty bad in the far range of things. I mean yes K-on! is watch-able for the music factor, and Haruhi-chan is a spin off made for laughs.

Still two projects and last years Lucky Star OVA and maybe two other animes? Haruhi came out in 2006, they pushed season 2 back a year due to Lucky Star. If at all it should have come out in 2008 as they had nothing in the works that was so big it would push back a big title like Haruhi. Three years is to big a wait for 14 eps!

Yes Haruhi gets a video game with new story released every year, where the plot is writen by the crater of the light novels. Where is it getting people? More money for new story line that in no way can be made in to anime or manga form? Or that will never make it to the U.S or any other part of the world? Yes you can import the games but whats the point? They will not even be in the light novels story line, let alone the anime or manga.

I'm not mad at Kyoto Animation, just wondering why they picked to set back this big of a project for titles that would not sell that well? Even in this market the best way to stay afloat is by pushing out the title that would sell like hot cakes.

I really wish they would hear there fans, as it's getting to the point where they will not longer take them for fact. Thats when the fan base will get mad and stop careing about it.
zanarkand princess

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 2:32 pm Reply with quote
Hah the 24th is my birthday too. A good present indeed.
Doctor Worm

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 2:33 pm Reply with quote
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:
game wrote:
why do this show get all this hype? i watch this before and still don't get this

I've been wondering that for years. I took a look at the trailer that was the Lucky Star first volume and wasn't impressed. The music and dancing were a bizare, but the English audio sounded seemed all right. Wandee Lee and Chris Freeman are both actors in this series, so I know its not run of the mill garbage series.

My guess is it has something to do with moe.

I can't usually explain the hype or appeal of anything at least not without boring people to tears with a very lengthy rant/gushing piece. I always take this "You should check it out for yourself" attitude.

It's probably not necessary to use the spoiler tags since all this stuff is pretty much known by everyone at this point. But the quickest way to explain what Haruhi is about would be: spoiler[A normal teenage male, a time traveler, alien, and esper have gathered among a somewhat moody high school girl who has a high interest in the supernatural and is essentially the embodiment of God though she doesn't know it nor does she realize that 3 of her "posse" shall we say (haha) have supernatural powers themselves.. though those 4 gathered with her do know this and essentially have the task of keeping her relatively satisfied at least.. the normal teenage male being forced into this more so than anyone else. The reason they have to keep her satisfied is she tends to be easily bored. Moodiness + boredom + powers of God = potential to destroy the entire universe or change the universe into something it wasn't meant to be] This isn't exactly the sort of thing you get a lot of in anime so it is indeed pretty unique.. although, from a general sci-fi point of view it's not that unique though it does have a slight bit of originality in that it presents itself in a fairly humorous/satirical sort of manner of the stuff as opposed to books and whatnot with similiar type things that present themselves in a more serious sort of fashion.

Sorry that was lengthier than I meant it to be.
Aeria

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 3:02 pm Reply with quote
ninjapet wrote:
I'm not mad at Kyoto Animation, just wondering why they picked to set back this big of a project for titles that would not sell that well? Even in this market the best way to stay afloat is by pushing out the title that would sell like hot cakes.

I really wish they would hear there fans, as it's getting to the point where they will not longer take them for fact. Thats when the fan base will get mad and stop careing about it.

Well, fandom theory has it that the series, at least in the beginning, takes place in 2009. Apparently because that's the only recent year Golden Week matches up with, or something like that. I never paid attention to the theory because Tanigawa probably doesn't pay that much attention to his own series. But, hey would be cool.

This is getting ridiculous, though, I have to agree. I mean, I'm more inclined to think they'll just air the live action teaser footage for twenty-four minutes rather than an actual episode at this point. Confused
Starks

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 5:17 pm Reply with quote
zanarkand princess wrote:

Too bad that it actually premieres on the 21st.
ninjapet

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 5:32 pm Reply with quote
Aeria wrote:
ninjapet wrote:

Well, fandom theory has it that the series, at least in the beginning, takes place in 2009. Apparently because that's the only recent year Golden Week matches up with, or something like that. I never paid attention to the theory because Tanigawa probably doesn't pay that much attention to his own series. But, hey would be cool.

This is getting ridiculous, though, I have to agree. I mean, I'm more inclined to think they'll just air the live action teaser footage for twenty-four minutes rather than an actual episode at this point. Confused

You never know, still three years so a date could match up? Thats just BS
Sakagami Tomoyo

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 6:24 pm Reply with quote
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:
Pissing off fans by trolling them for the last three years is not a good way to stay in business.

For a start, it's more recently than three years that there have been actual real hints of a second season. And at that, about half of them seem to be things that have accidentally been let slip and the fandom has then pounced on. Clearly you want to be angry at someone about all this, but I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt and believe that it's genuinely taking them a little longer to sort things out properly than they originally thought it would, and that they're not deliberately doing this to annoy the fanbase.

And I'm pretty sure I've said this before (in response to you, even), but waiting three years for a new instalment is not the end of the world, and other fandoms have faced longer waits without this level of complaint. People these days and their wanting instant gratification all the time...

ninjapet wrote:
But I have to agree with the fans have the right to be mad.

Fans have the right to be a little annoyed, but what they're doing is jumping up and down like spoiled little children because they're not getting what they want right now.

ninjapet wrote:
I mean what have they put out this year worth watching? K-on! and Haruhi-chan. Both are pretty bad in the far range of things.

Don't forget the second half of Clannad After Story. Haruhi-chan is perfectly good for what it is, some fun shorts. K-On is a great series... perhaps not as good as Suzumiya Haruhi, but certainly not worthy of "this is crap, I can't believe this is what they're doing instead of more Haruhi".

ninjapet wrote:
Still two projects and last years Lucky Star OVA and maybe two other animes? Haruhi came out in 2006, they pushed season 2 back a year due to Lucky Star. If at all it should have come out in 2008 as they had nothing in the works that was so big it would push back a big title like Haruhi. Three years is to big a wait for 14 eps!

"Maybe two other anime"? Kanon and Clannad aren't that insignificant, you know. And I still think that there was more behind the scenes keeping more Haruhi from being made sooner than just having other projects to do. Companies don't generally advertise every little detail of what negotiations and planning they're doing. For all we know Kyoto Animation may have been piling up the other projects because there was some tricky negotiation and/or planning that needed to be worked out, and they weren't sure how long it would take so they lined up enough other projects to keep them going for a while.

And at the risk of sounding like a broken record, if a three year wait for a TV show is the worst thing that's ever happened to you, you've lived a fortunate life.
ninjapet

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 6:49 pm Reply with quote
I was just saying -_-

I'm not a fan of game novels turned anime, and I haven't really heard of those titles.

Yes K-on! is ok it's not the greatest. A lot of people think this, the music is great, the plots ok. It just moves slowly

Haruhi-chan was good, I liked it.

Still no need to be all pounce on people for things
Sakagami Tomoyo

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 7:38 pm Reply with quote
ninjapet wrote:
I'm not a fan of game novels turned anime, and I haven't really heard of those titles.

Fair enough, but Kanon and Clannad are two of the better examples of the genre, and do have quite a following.

ninjapet wrote:
Yes K-on! is ok it's not the greatest. A lot of people think this, the music is great, the plots ok. It just moves slowly

It's a slice of life show, it's not supposed to have a fast-moving plot.
Egan Loo

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 8:33 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
Och. Does this thread really have to become a grammar battleground? How about a little on-topicality*, please?

Good point — the separate discussion on writing style has been moved to the ANN Feedback forum.
megas88

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 8:39 pm Reply with quote
Thank you ^^ It was getting really annoying.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 9:33 pm Reply with quote
I'm an admirer of the TMoHS series, but not a rabid fan, so I'm not hugely invested in this ongoing discussion of whether there will be new episodes or not (although I hope there will be.)

However, if all of this lead up is a deliberate mind eff on the part of Kadokawa, I say kudos to them. How appropriate, considering the series really is just one big mind eff from start to finish.
zanarkand princess

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 10:24 pm Reply with quote
Starks wrote:
zanarkand princess wrote:

Too bad that it actually premieres on the 21st.

But I was referring to another poster who also has the same birthday who said that the airing on the 24th would be a good gift. Plus knowing Kadokawa hey might only show it on certain channels and that airing on the 24th really is the first one.
Perfect Chaos

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 12:16 am Reply with quote
Cynim wrote:
Actually, my guess is : remember when there were 28 episodes announced, then denied by Kadokawa ? well, what if they were rerunning the original series plus new episodes, but all mixed up together : ie this episode 8 IS a new one, followed by 14 new ones as well as the rest of the original episodes...?
Yeah, that's already been said many times over...

But if episode 8 will truly be Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody, then they are going to go completely in chronological order. And if it will truly be completely in chronological order, then the 12th episode should be Endless Eight. Unless they decide to add in the manga-only story Mystérique Sign: o-kawari (seconds), which is HIGHLY doubtful, then Endless Eight would be episode 13. But I will count on it being the 12th episode.
ninjapet

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 6:28 am Reply with quote
I'm thinking there doing novel plot not manga Confused

By the looks of it there still cutting book 2 out. I liked book 2 it was funny. Endless Eight will be funny if it gets put in the anime
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 7 of 11