• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation Announces Ouran High School Host Club Cast

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mistress9
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 2:22 pm Reply with quote
Megsee wrote:
For those of you who also noticed the Ouran site before and how the counter had restarted, you'll be happy to know that it HAS been fixed with a video from the announcement panel.

Mike McFarland in a dress...now I've seen everything...

Oh my really? I must go and check it out...and yeah figure out where it states Monica Riel is the voice actress for Renge, I must no for sure..

@Hon'ya-chan: I am thinking once they see my copy of the box sets sitting on my bookshelf next to all my nice Ouran merchandise (really hope Funimation releases merchandise) they will succumb to temptation and buy the set for the subs.
LydiaDianne

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 2:33 pm Reply with quote
Really neat video.

And for those who want to be lazy Wink and get a quick fix: Here
Megsee

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:46 pm Reply with quote
Mistress9 wrote:
Oh my really? I must go and check it out...and yeah figure out where it states Monica Riel is the voice actress for Renge, I must no for sure..

Well, here's the source http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y173/lincom416/Renge.jpg
It's the highlighted one...
Mistress9

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:14 pm Reply with quote
Megsee wrote:
Mistress9 wrote:

Well, here's the source http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y173/lincom416/Renge.jpg
It's the highlighted one...

Thanks so much, I was wondering if they forgot about everyone's favorite crazy yaoi obsessed fangirl..
zanarkand princess

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:43 pm Reply with quote
besides vic I really like the cast not sure about ms glass though I don't really care for the type of character she usually plays but nothing against her acting (not very haruhi though.) Funny how most of the complaints are about the two main characters but who pays any attention to them anyway when hunny and the twins are on screen.
Mistress9

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:45 pm Reply with quote
zanarkand princess wrote:
besides vic I really like the cast not sure about ms glass though I don't really care for the type of character she usually plays but nothing against her acting (not very haruhi though.) Funny how most of the complaints are about the two main characters but who pays any attention to them anyway when hunny and the twins are on screen.

Yes so true the twins and Hunny to a lesser extent always steal the show, good point being made there. And like you said other then Vic and Catlin (I think she might sound too girly for Haruhi) I think the rest of the cast is awesome, and well you never know Vic might shock all us doubters and show us how it is done. Though I could do without all the Ed and Tamaki comparisons.
Hon'ya-chan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 5:17 am Reply with quote
By chance, was this supposed to be an illusion to Vic?

animenewsnetwork.com/anime-news-nina/2007-12-05

Can't click on the discussion link, it keeps crashing on me.
MorwenLaicoriel

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 5:45 am Reply with quote
You know, I"m feeling more excited after seeing the video. The cast has an obvious enthusiasm for the show. If it shows in the performances...this will be a really awesome dub.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Mistress9

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 2:18 pm Reply with quote
Hon'ya-chan wrote:
By chance, was this supposed to be an illusion to Vic?

animenewsnetwork.com/anime-news-nina/2007-12-05

Can't click on the discussion link, it keeps crashing on me.

I think it was lol. How funny... It let me into the discussion link but since it said it was from so long ago I didn't want to post anything.

MorwenLaicoriel: Yeah seeing that video was exciting because of the fact that they were all very enthuasitic for the show.
Kelly

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:28 pm Reply with quote
Great video - loved the in-character jacket donning (+ Dad, of course! Mr. McFarland, I salute you Laughing ). It looks like the whole cast is genuinely enthusiastic and excited about the project, and if so this is really going to be fun. It would be interesting out of curiosity to hear in due time about who were fans before they were cast. They seem pumped enough that I imagine at least a few of them have to be - either that, happy to be working with personal friends, or a little of both.

Funi will definitely be getting some money from me this fall.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6