• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Click - March 31 - April 6

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PhatPhil

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 1:26 am Reply with quote
naruto fan 09812 wrote:
You are so right Phat Phil you must be naive and stupid to think that they were going to show ATHF Movie before they hit threaters. That would be striaght up dumb business and its would have hurt their bottom line. Like Phat Phil have said they treat anime fans like crap and treat comedy fans like royalaty. I say if they do not retire this childish April Fools joke. We should ban together and boycott [AS] until they do.

I'm a little unsure of whether or not I'm being taken serious, but I stand by my statement.

But boycotting them all together would just be giving into their beliefs. We're elitist in their eyes and elitists would protest and the like, but I'm going to keep watching to prove a point that I still enjoy the anime that is shown. I've made my point that it was rude to those who are still rather devoted to their line up.

Not to mention boycotting would be pointless as chances are they don't care. And therefore neither will I. However, if such a thing is done once again, meaning PERFECT HAIR FOREVER is on in place of anime, then I probably will do everything in my power to prove that all they wish to do is mock their fans.

But yeah, it's this situation that the comedy fans should realize how good they have it. Nothing happened to them and therefore, they should use that to their advantage.
RogueJedi86

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 4:30 pm Reply with quote
PhatPhil wrote:
RogueJedi86 wrote:
So your whole argument is based on them not liking anime. Yet you know for a fact that they wouldn't air it if they didn't like it. Yet you can't think of any good reason they would air it. Maybe they air it because they like anime? Simple as that.

And you forget that they did a similar thing to the comedy fans on Sunday. I love anime, but I'm sure a lot more people(mostly college-age guys) love Aqua Teen Hunger Force, and most of them were likely angry at the fact that they didn't quite get to see the ATHF movie on tv. Since AS continues to air bad comedies, and then they pulled the ATHF movie prank, maybe AS hates comedy? See, it goes both ways. Don't be so selfish, comedy fans got pranked just as badly.

There was no WARNING of this upcoming prank and no HINT as to what was coming. They DO hate anime or else they would've just altered the audio, video, whatever.

How many times is this going to need to be said before people get it?! It's a matter of fact that adult swim hates their anime fans! From cursing them out to telling them that it doesn't deserve advertising to this, what more proof do you need?! Do you even see ANY ads for any anime besides Blood+ during the week?! NO!

Actually, there was an obvious warning, for we internet goers. It's how I knew there'd be an obtrusive prank.

See the Adult Swim Schedule.

Since March 22nd, that schedule has been up. It shows near the upper left that the anime episodes that aired March 31st would repeat on April 7th. Now why would they repeat the exact same anime episodes if they were going to air the episodes completely unaltered for April Fool's? That was a dead giveaway that something would happen that would prevent the anime block from airing in its entirety. So yes, there was a warning, and a hint. A schedule that outright told you something would be happening. And if you've been a fan of [AS] for more than a few months, you know they pull something every year for April Fool's. Combine that with the anime repeats, and you knew you wouldn't be seeing the anime block intact that night. So again, there were warnings and hints.

And Adult Swim obviously doesn't hate Anime. Again, why do they run anime if they hate it? Adult Swim is ran by Williams Street, the same people who do Toonami. Look at Toonami and Adult Swim and tell me with a straight face that they absolutely HATE anime. You can't. They show more anime than all other networks combined(excepting the anime networks that are only in a few households). Adult Swim does a lousy job of advertising its anime, but people are watching, so obviously they don't necessarily need to do a lot of advertising. And many of the anime they air(Eureka seveN for example) would make no sense to a fresh viewer who tuned in halfway through the series. So even if they advertised it, the freshfaces would leave immediately after not knowing what is going on in the anime. Unless you're saying it's Adult Swim's fault that anime is very continuity-heavy?

And don't mistake me for a comedy fan. Aside from Family Guy and Frisky Dingo, I ignore all the AS comedy. I hate them too. I only really watch AS for the anime. But I can't stand the tired old dog barking about Adult Swim hating anime, while they're feeding that dog the very anime he thrives on. So what if newer fans aren't coming? That's okay. Frankly, I don't want those comedy fans who like Squidbillies coming into my anime and sullying the greatness of it.

As for the teasing, I don't mind it. I don't need Adult Swim bumps to make me feel good about watching anime. Aside from the Weekend Ratings, I ignore the bumps. I don't see why you're taking the anti-anime bumps to be press releases from the heads of Turner Entertainment saying anime is not a viable market, which they're not.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
shadysudowoodo

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 10:40 pm Reply with quote
I just realized I have to reprogram my TiVo because it thinks this weeks bleach and eureka 7 are repeats. I wonder how many people this affects.
Anime_Freak

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 11:51 pm Reply with quote
shadysudowoodo wrote:
I just realized I have to reprogram my TiVo because it thinks this weeks bleach and eureka 7 are repeats. I wonder how many people this affects.

I have that problem with my Cox cable DVR, it thinks all the episodes of Pucca and Power Rangers Operation Overdrive are repeats when I tell it to record new first run airings of those shows.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
RogueJedi86

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 12:25 am Reply with quote
Anime_Freak wrote:
shadysudowoodo wrote:

I have that problem with my Cox cable DVR, it thinks all the episodes of Pucca and Power Rangers Operation Overdrive are repeats when I tell it to record new first run airings of those shows.

Power Rangers Operatio Overdrive? Wow, I'm really losing track of the newer Power Ranger series. They just don't seem as notable since JYB went into anime. Razz
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Anime_Freak

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 11:13 am Reply with quote
RogueJedi86 wrote:
Anime_Freak wrote:
shadysudowoodo wrote:

Power Rangers Operatio Overdrive? Wow, I'm really losing track of the newer Power Ranger series. They just don't seem as notable since JYB went into anime. Razz

Laughing You should hear the lousy theme song for Operation Overdrive. Sounds like a song a 5 year old would come up with. "Go Power Rangers, GO! GO! Power Rangers Operatio - n Ove -rdrive." That's basically all there is to the song.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
britannicamoore

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 8:05 pm Reply with quote
Jifty wrote:
Jeez, by the way some people are bitching, you'd think [as] had killed their grandmothers. "Ruined your night?" Jesus, some people need to get a life (coming from me, that line is fairly telling...).

Listen, it's not as if you shouldn't have seen this coming. I mean, I forgot that it was April 1, so I was like "The heck?" And started laughing when I realized what day it was. You wanna know what I did then? I watched a DVD, you know, a mature reaction. Of course, I love April Fools, so I can't fault them for anything. Just wait a frakking week, and the episodes will air.

As for one of the first posts saying "I noticed they left Boondocks and whatnot untouched", there's a good reason for that. THose aired before midnight, thus it wasn't April Fools yet.

So, how about next year we don't all freak out and act like it's some sort of horrible war crime that was commited.

And if you're so pissed off, STOP WATCHING! Don't watch it and then bitch and moan about it.

That is all.

Yeah I defintly agree on this. Though its a bit late coming grow up. if adult Swim sucks that bad then watch something esle.

And as to whoever it was saying tv ruins their night please. if nothing is on tv I simply turn it off and play a game or get on the internet. No bigge. it's not the end of your life.

anime fans sometimes sheesh. Rolling Eyes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6