• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Voice Actress Hiromi Tsuru Passes Away at 57

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
asukas

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:52 am Reply with quote
This is devestating... she was truly an icon and a legend. It's a bit comforting to think that she'll live on forever through the amazing work she did, but it's really hard to think of the positive when someone so beloved dies so young and tragically... I hope her family can find some peace during such a horrible time.
CANimeFan88

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:55 am Reply with quote
As soon as I heard this I just...could...not.....believe it. She wasn't even that old and yet she died so suddenly. It makes really sad since she was such a legend among all the seiyuus in Japan. Does this mean that anyone in Japan can die any time soon? I don't want the same thing to happen to Megumi Hayashibara-san. If I had the chance, I'd like to meet her in person should the time comes that she leaves us too. As for Hiromi Tsuru-san, she will be greatly missed after having brought quite a few iconic anime characters to life through her voice leaving a great big void to fill.

One more thing, why do so many people in Japan talk about a "new life" and a "new world"?
crosswithyou

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:25 am Reply with quote
CANimeFan88 wrote:
Does this mean that anyone in Japan can die any time soon?

This applies to anyone, anywhere.

CANimeFan88 wrote:
One more thing, why do so many people in Japan talk about a "new life" and a "new world"?

Again, this doesn't apply only to Japan. A lot of people believe in life after death. You know, Heaven?
CANimeFan88

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:38 am Reply with quote
In case anyone is interested, here is a random funny clip of Dragon Ball just to remember what Hiromi Tsuru brought to her character:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtjiLA8Won4

I think it's a good idea if anyone else could post some great clips of dialogue of any character she's voiced.
Re:SOUL

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:00 pm Reply with quote
This is very sad news to suddenly find.
JWagnesh8

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:59 am Reply with quote
This is horrible. You will always be my summer girl, Hiromi Tsuru, for I watched love bloom on the screen at the same time it did in my life thanks to you and your fellow voice actors, and those days (corny and vapid as it may sound) seemed to hold a magical air that has long since faded. Thank you.

Hold me again
sorezore ni nagasarete mo
watashi wa mou wasurenai
ano hi no sora kono mune ni daite

Hold me again.
Even if we drift our respective ways,
I will never forget that day's sky;
I'll hold it in my heart.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:39 am Reply with quote
Admittedly, I never really saw any of her respective roles in Japanese. Still, it's shamefully sad that such an industry veteran has died and at too young of an age.
Sailor Sedna

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:18 pm Reply with quote
This is shocking and tragic, why do so many talented voice actors have to die so young?

While she did an awesome job being Bulma from the Dragon Ball franchise, June and Thetis from Saint Seiya, and Mikami from Ghost Sweeper Mikami, I also remember her as Kiyomi from the obscure Graduation series, and was the best character from that anime.

RIP Hiromi, you will be missed. Crying or Very sad
doomydoomdoom

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:29 am Reply with quote
JWagnesh8 wrote:
This is horrible. You will always be my summer girl, Hiromi Tsuru, for I watched love bloom on the screen at the same time it did in my life thanks to you and your fellow voice actors, and those days (corny and vapid as it may sound) seemed to hold a magical air that has long since faded. Thank you.

Hold me again
sorezore ni nagasarete mo
watashi wa mou wasurenai
ano hi no sora kono mune ni daite

Hold me again.
Even if we drift our respective ways,
I will never forget that day's sky;
I'll hold it in my heart.

Wow, that's a great tribute. What a brilliant song that was too. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2nc3Omwnjzs)

I'd hate to say it but I think I know just how you feel.

We'll all really miss Hiromi Tsuru. One of the great seiyuu who brought a lot to the medium. Voice of timeless characters. Sadly illness can take anybody at anytime.
KH91

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:12 pm Reply with quote
Wow. Unfortunate that this had to happen in such a way and by AD. I hope Hiromi's family and friends can get through this. Thank you for having an impact on our child/adulthood. You will be missed.

RIP
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6