• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Atelier Escha & Logy: Alchemists of the Dusk Sky (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:28 am Reply with quote
I think the ending works just fine, since spoiler[Logy described his leaving Central as running away, and now he has grown enough to head back and face his past. It's a shame had had to leave Escha behind, but they have their own paths they must follow. Surely one day those paths will intersect again.]
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:41 am Reply with quote
Episode 12

My eyes got a little watery there. We know spoiler[Logy kind of had dreams which he ran away from, now that he has grown it seems fair to him that he sees how far he can take that, while Escha loves the town, the paths separate]. I would not say I find it a bad ending, it makes sense to the characters, and I just keep telling myself that I hope that spoiler[those two go back to each other].

I think I liked the first episode the most as it is where I found it super sweet, yet it kind of dipped in the middle where some plot points had problems. Still really liked the show, I rate it Good as it was worth watching, just a super sweet show.
Takamachi Ryoko

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:33 am Reply with quote
The spoiler[fight with Flameu was pretty decent, I'm not fond of how they end things though: "hey we should be friends because we should". Then she left then reappeared then left.]

Gotta love how Escha & Logy turned out. Through out the show they built some good chemistry spoiler[but break them apart]. Call it but spoiler[do they really have to throw that jumping scene just for a tease]. Escha spoiler[said more than Logy when he's leaving, the dude couldn't utter a word]. That explains why he still hasn't been revealed in the new game yet.

I give it a Good and 6.5 score. For a game-based anime, it's cute, it's sweet, the animation is nice and the characters are likable. Some parts are pretty dumb but funny, I enjoyed it.

And they threw a random cameo of spoiler[Ayesha] when she hasn't been revealed for Atelier Shallie then threw another cameo of spoiler[Shallie]. Maybe some OVA will be bundled with the new game but boy, they really want to tease spoiler[Ayesha] fans with this one, don't they?
leatherhead333

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:00 am Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
I think the ending works just fine, since spoiler[Logy described his leaving Central as running away, and now he has grown enough to head back and face his past. It's a shame had had to leave Escha behind, but they have their own paths they must follow. Surely one day those paths will intersect again.]

So you don't think there is ANYTHING wrong with how he did it? I don't mind that spoiler[he's leaving so much that he just leaves barely saying anything acting as if his experiences with Escha didn't make the decision rough.] She's the one who helped him overcome his past in Central spoiler[so you'd think the guy would have a bit more of grievance when he left] other than "okay, thanks bai".

In fairytale land they might spoiler[meet up again] but I'm pretty sure the story for the game is over. spoiler[The new characters at the end are teasing people from the next series.] So yeah I think it was a piss poor way for the anime to end it no matter how you look at it. That's not even considering the fact that in the game spoiler[Logy comes back later and they have a touching reunion.] But i guess having an unfaithful asinine ending like this is better right? Confused

Last edited by leatherhead333 on Mon Jun 30, 2014 5:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:36 am Reply with quote
leatherhead333 wrote:
So you don't think there is ANYTHING wrong with how he did it? I don't mind the that spoiler[he' leaving so much that he just leaves barely saying anything acting as if his experiences with Escha didn't make the decision rough.] She's the one who helped him overcome his past in Central spoiler[so you'd think the guy would have a bit more of grievance when he left] other than "okay, thanks bai".

I did think spoiler[he could shown a bit more that it was hard on him], but I guessed spoiler[he just get too sad over it], you know guys spoiler[not showing their emotions].

leatherhead333 wrote:
That's not even considering the fact that in the game spoiler[Logy comes back later and they have a touching reunion.] But i guess having an unfaithful asinine ending like this is better right? Confused

OVA! OVA!
I want to see this in an OVA, I like that the normal series sets itself fairly big on endings, or change. A spoiler[happier ending follow up in an OVA] works for me. Wait, that was exactly what happened in Neptunia, which now that I think about it has some similarities.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6