• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Interest: List of Winter 2011 TV Anime in Japan

Goto page Previous    Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vashfanatic

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:04 am Reply with quote
xyz wrote:
Is there any chance Level E is gay/BL? If it is, I'll be watching it for sure. Mr. Green

It's......... words don't describe it very well. It's a parody of sci-fi, to put it simply. There's no BL material in it, at least as far as I've read. It's too bizarre and zany for anything like real romance.
garfield15

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:13 am Reply with quote
Well, it's a shounen manga so...
Genten

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:13 am Reply with quote
TheAncientOne wrote:
good chart (the one I use for my "Winter Anime 2011" topic on CR) has been out for almost 2 months now, but from cowboybibimbop, not Chartfag, who basically quit after Fall 2010.

I usually look at The Cart Driver for all of my anime chart needs. They usually release charts pretty early and update regularly. I've stopped visiting ChartFag because they seemed to have dropped off the planet since last season. Wonder what happened. . .

I agree about the confusing layout for the list of anime, though. The summary's position makes it difficult to tell which anime it goes to and the placing off the title is a little odd. It's a wonderful article, and I'm happy it's been posted, but maybe for future releases the layout could have some headers.
P€|\||§_|\/|ast@

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:22 am Reply with quote
I'm glad there are a couple of new titles from Pierrot that seem so highly anticipated. It's nice to see they're still putting out new original franchises. YP was pretty successful for them as well.
Quote:
Hourou Musuko: Looks so boring. I don't care about story or whatever. If it makes me boring, it means nothing. What I need is dynamic direction, creativity in animation and moe-ness. PV of this only promised me cross-gender slice-of-life theme; thus this has inevitable fate of being underrated forever. As every noitaminA animation did before, I will end up only watching first episode,and forget about it. But, I will definitely read manga, which is always less boring than anime form when this kind of story is presented.

Well you could just watch the new Kampfer season if you're interested in the type of subject material, but want an anime with more punch and the moe factor Wink
Just chock up lack of interest in Hourou Musuko to the fact that it's slow, sometimes sappy drama, lots of angst and no aliens or giant robots.
ikillchicken

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:24 am Reply with quote
Eh, I'll eventually check out the new noitaminA shows of course. Wandering Son sounds like it will certainly be well done although it's not generally the kind of show I'm into. Fractale is tough to get excited about since we really don't know what exactly it will be about at this point. I'm not writing off Level E either. I'll give Wolverine a very temporary provisional exemption from the crap list just in case I hear it's great but I sort of doubt it based on what people are saying about Iron Man. Other than that this all seems totally perishable.

Rukiia wrote:
Ya, nothing really interesting this Winter. I'm more looking forward to Spring 2011. Deadman Wonderland anime ftw!

Yeah, I'll absolutely second that. It's probably the first series in over a year that I've been really downright eager to watch.
ChronoBall X

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:31 am Reply with quote
Yumekui Merry looks interesting and Cute,and I love the main female character's outfit,it's adorable right now i'm checking out this manga for the first time

Also,it's nice to see that Keiichi Oku will be composing the music for this series,because it's been quite awhile since he last composed a music for a series (since Digimon Savers,which he is one of my favorite anime music composers,I've enjoyed his music for the Ojamajo Doremi series as well as his music for Marmalade boy,The Crusher Joe OVAs and Denji Sentai Megaranger,he gives a mixture of orchestral and pop feel to it,I like to see how he pulls off the music for this

what do you guys think? Very Happy
BlackFireDragonGod

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:36 am Reply with quote
I generally check everything out and will keep watching depending on interest level.

Greatly Interested
Fractale: Since its noitaminA which has not disappointed yet.
Hourou Musuko: Same as above plus the subject matter interests me anyway.
Mahō Shōjo Madoka Magica: The staff involved with this one make it awesome by default.
Oniichan no Koto Nanka Zenzen Ja nain dakara ne: Wincest that is all.

Somewhat Interested
Gosick: Sounds like the anime I thought Milky Holmes was gonna be and while I liked Milky Holmes it was a comedy about bad stuff happening to stupid people or at least it was to me. Hopefully Gosick sticks to the mystery aspect.
Freezing: The original story is by the same author as Kurokami which I like. Though hopefully this is a good adaptation unlike Kurokami's was.
Kore wa Zombie Desu Ka?: The PV showed me what appeared to be a magical girl with a chainsaw which is all I need to see.
Dragon Crisis!: Rie Kugimiya and the character design.

Least Interested
Rio-Rainbow Gate!: Because I haven't seen anything to excite me but I also haven't seen anything telling me I would not like it.
Yumekui Merry: Same as above
Infinite Stratos: Ditto

Not Interested
Cardfight!! Vanguard: I see enough card battles saving the world in Yu-Gi-Oh!
Mitsudomoe S2: I did not like the first season.
Kimi ni Todoke S2 Standard romance shows bore me and I haven't seen the first season.
Beelzebub: Seems to be a Shounen series and the only Shounen series I like is One Piece.
Level E: Made by the same guy as HunterXHunter hence same as above.
Wolverine: Because the only mainstream western comic franchise I like is Batman.
KENZICHI

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:44 am Reply with quote
Rukiia wrote:
Ya, nothing really interesting this Winter. I'm more looking forward to Spring 2011. Deadman Wonderland anime ftw!

it's coming out in the spring? HECK YEA!!!
maus

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:24 am Reply with quote
I want the Berserk anime. Now!
Nothing this season seems even remotely interesting.
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:54 am Reply with quote
vashfanatic wrote:
I blame it all on the low birthrate. The idea of a cute younger sibling who looks up to you with dewy and calls you big bwutha and wuvs you so much! has an appeal, and because more and more young people in Japan are only children, they (1) don't get automatically squicked by the idea and (2) don't understand that little siblings are actually really, really annoying.

Wow, you know, I've known about the low birthrate and the various problems that have arisen from it in Japan for well... a very, very long time. But I have never thought about it from this perspective. You know what? It makes a hell of a lot of sense.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
belvadeer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:28 am Reply with quote
Lol, I didn't even show any interest in this season or last season's anime. I'm still trying to finish watching older ones to be honest.

Beelzebub: You know, I liked demons in anime back when they were portrayed as scary intimidating monsters from another world.

Cardfight: Oh terrific, just what we don't need, another cardgame anime. I'm sure the monster designs will be awesome, but the rest not so much.

Dragon Crisis!: Damn them for using dragon in the title like that and nearly getting me to believe I'd finally found a current age anime about them. Why do these fighting girl anime always use dragon in their titles?

Fractale: This is the only one that sounds pretty interesting. The art makes me think it's going to be depressing like Air for some reason.

Infinite Stratos: Sounds like that Dual! anime all over again.

Yumekui Merry: The short summary alone has harem stupidity written all over it.

Ugh, why do so many of these look like they're going to suck? I guess Fractale might be the only one I'll watch.
passer by

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:31 am Reply with quote
suite precure,mitsudomoe,GOSICK,mahou shoujo Madoka magica
FTW!!
hellannoying

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:48 am Reply with quote
I promote Beelzebub&Gosick
kgw

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:29 am Reply with quote
vashfanatic wrote:
xyz wrote:
Is there any chance Level E is gay/BL? If it is, I'll be watching it for sure. Mr. Green

It's......... words don't describe it very well. It's a parody of sci-fi, to put it simply. There's no BL material in it, at least as far as I've read. It's too bizarre and zany for anything like real romance.

Agree with vashfanatic. Level E is (at least the manga was) funny, interesting and even makes you think. But BL.... sorry, not. You can spoiler[have a sign from Yukitaka], if you want.*

* joke for those who read the series. It was released in Spain years ago...
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:02 am Reply with quote
Dargonxtc wrote:
vashfanatic wrote:
I blame it all on the low birthrate. The idea of a cute younger sibling who looks up to you with dewy and calls you big bwutha and wuvs you so much! has an appeal, and because more and more young people in Japan are only children, they (1) don't get automatically squicked by the idea and (2) don't understand that little siblings are actually really, really annoying.

Wow, you know, I've known about the low birthrate and the various problems that have arisen from it in Japan for well... a very, very long time. But I have never thought about it from this perspective. You know what? It makes a hell of a lot of sense.

Whereas to me that notion seems incredibly facile. I caution anyone from drawing any sociological conclusions about a culture you are either not born into or do not have extensive firsthand experience with, and I especially caution anyone from spinning sociological theories based on products created for an incredibly niche audience.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 6 of 14