• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New Slayers Fantasy TV Anime Series in the Works

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jedimaster5000

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:50 am Reply with quote
YES! It is back, I knew it this will happen someday. Even though I never saw the sub I don't mind, not to mention Trigun....WOOHOO
kay0ss

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 4:16 pm Reply with quote
Like I told my friend, if this doesn't have Hayashibara, this ain't Slayers Neutral

Regardless, I'm freakin' pumped as hell! I feel like a kid again!
BloodshotLint

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:27 pm Reply with quote
This just made my day. There is no other anime that makes me laugh as hard as Slayers does, although Haruhi and FLCL come close. Hopefully it won't be a PoS series with new characters but the same basic story. I want to see our old characters poking fun at more recent fantasy trends (WoW, LotR, Harry Potter) while still keeping the same old formula of small boob jokes and fiery tempers.

Basically, I want it to be like the old series but not feel like I'm watching the old series.
Zrana

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 9:44 am Reply with quote
Hey people, you might like to read this:
http://homepage3.nifty.com/QPHOUSE/dragonmagazine.html

Nothing stated OFFICIALLY, but the intentions seem to be an original story line (or story lines) like the ANN article says, so it sounds like it won't be taking plot lines from the novel stuff that hasn't been animated.

But more importantly, ORIGINAL CAST, HELL YEAH! Like I said, it's not OFFICIAL yet, but it's looking extremely likely.

http://homepage3.nifty.com/QPHOUSE/megabura.html
OH HELL YEAH!

(Now excuse me while I shower QP/Diana with LOVE for STILL having one of the best informative Slayers websites out there. I forgot she even existed these past 5 years or so.)
Ryokosha

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 10:35 am Reply with quote
Well original story is a good thing... and has me even more excited about this series!
Zrana

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 10:40 am Reply with quote
Zrana wrote:
Hey people, you might like to read this:
http://homepage3.nifty.com/QPHOUSE/dragonmagazine.html

Nothing stated OFFICIALLY, but the intentions seem to be an original story line (or story lines) like the ANN article says, so it sounds like it won't be taking plot lines from the novel stuff that hasn't been animated.

But more importantly, ORIGINAL CAST, HELL YEAH! Like I said, it's not OFFICIAL yet, but it's looking extremely likely.

http://homepage3.nifty.com/QPHOUSE/megabura.html
OH HELL YEAH!

(Now excuse me while I shower QP/Diana with LOVE for STILL having one of the best informative Slayers websites out there. I forgot she even existed these past 5 years or so.)

I'll quote the website here because I'm being obsessive:
a web-manager for the Kanzaka fanclub as translated by QP/Diana wrote:
The information below are what I directly hear from Mr.Kanzaka, but they can't be confirmed unless there is an official announcement.

The story of new TV anime will be anime-exclusive. They will create some (13?) episodes for the first cours, and they will create some more (13?) cours for the second cours. The first cours and the second cours will have different storylines.
The anime producing staff will be the same as the old three Slayers TV anime, namely Mr. Takashi Watanabe and J.C.STAFF. (Recently, I saw that Star Child changed the anime producing staff between the first cours and the second cours, and this change caused drastic change of the graphics and the mood of the anime. I'm afraid that the same will happen for the new Slayers TV anime, but as far as I know, they'll keep the same staff.)

I know that some fans of Slayers are anxious that there will be new voice actors for the main characters. For your relieve, they plan to have the same voice actors. If you are a fan of the old three TV anime, and if you keep saying "I want only Megumi Hayashibara as Lina Inverse", please be relieved and wait for the day.

It is said again and again these days, but in the anime producing industry in Japan, all of the things can't be sure. I saw many plans for new anime have been talked about and some of them haven't come true. All of the things will be confirmed when the first episode is finished and aired at a television station. The confirmed information will be in the Dragon Magazine and some anime magazines. Please check them.
Ryokosha

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 10:45 am Reply with quote
Ah thanks for quoting that too, more good news becaue I can't think of another Lina other then Megumi Hayashibara as it seems most others cannot.
Dramatis Personae

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 12:54 pm Reply with quote
[quote="bonbonsrus"]
darcerin wrote:
It's official. The Japanese have run out of new material. Very Happy

Because Persona Trinity Soul is soooo much like the Witchblade anime, rite? :/

Granted, I liked Slayers, but some of you act as if it is god's gift to anime. When really it was just a fun and cheesy show.
Zrana

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 2:06 pm Reply with quote
[quote="Dramatis Personae"]
bonbonsrus wrote:
darcerin wrote:

Granted, I liked Slayers, but some of you act as if it is god's gift to anime. When really it was just a fun and cheesy show.

I see it more as it's a show we love despite and possibly BECAUSE it obviously poked fun not only of the genre but of itself. Even with the cheese factor, it had some serious plot going on when it decided to get serious.

That, and for many here it was one of their first anime series they loved, so sentamentalism comes into play.

I'm in teh OMG NEW SLAYERS???? HELL YEAH! crowrd because I LOVE the series, not because it's the OMG BESTEST SERIES EVAR!!

Sort of like when you step back and look at it, Thundercats is full of Fail, but there's people who think any mention of it is awesome. *shrugs*
Dramatis Personae

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 2:40 pm Reply with quote
[quote="Zrana"]
Dramatis Personae wrote:
bonbonsrus wrote:
darcerin wrote:

I see it more as it's a show we love despite and possibly BECAUSE it obviously poked fun not only of the genre but of itself. Even with the cheese factor, it had some serious plot going on when it decided to get serious.

That, and for many here it was one of their first anime series they loved, so sentamentalism comes into play.

I'm in teh OMG NEW SLAYERS???? HELL YEAH! crowrd because I LOVE the series, not because it's the OMG BESTEST SERIES EVAR!!

Sort of like when you step back and look at it, Thundercats is full of Fail, but there's people who think any mention of it is awesome.
*shrugs*

I agree and understand why you would be excited about your first series coming back. I guess my disgust comes from the "OMG! It's teh best animue ever crowd" who claim every anime that isn't Cowboy Bebop is shit.
The Unknown 24

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 8:32 pm Reply with quote
This is so awesome. Slayers is one of my all time favorite anime.

I too remember when it first came out on vhs tapes and I bought it only to be disappointed when they had stopped with only half the show. I went and rented the rest at the local Japanese video store and watched it raw. Those were the days!!!!

Glad to see it making a come back.

Razz Razz Razz
djwaglmuffin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 5:45 pm Reply with quote
Just as long as there is NO filia, I'll be happy Razz

On a serious note though, I'm glad awareness for this project is still up and going!
Maybe with the new anime we'll finally get the manga here in the states! Very Happy
ashez2ashes

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 3:16 am Reply with quote
Yeah, isn't there a newish Slayers manga that hasn't come out in the States? Slayers um... I think it has knight in the title.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5