• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime Quote Game: Round 17

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Raftina

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:51 am Reply with quote
I was surprised to learn that this was a shounen series, because this kind of rapist/Stockholm syndrome type arrangement is usually the province of shoujo stories and otome games.

sub
I'm not mad! I know I can't beat the pretty high school girl who's basically a mom to them.
dtm42

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 5:55 pm Reply with quote
You must really like this scene.

spoiler[Ryuko-sensei to her colleague in episode eleven of Centaur no Nayami, after the Chi-chans had just told her that she isn't as pretty as their sister.]
Raftina

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:11 pm Reply with quote
That is correct.

I like the Mitama family in general. Smile
dtm42

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:22 pm Reply with quote
I understand your predilections completely. The Mitama household consists of a drop-dead gorgeous JK looking after a set of adorably playful catgirl triplets, and an irresistible ultra-cute loli. Their combined moe level is over nine thousand; who could resist?

Anyhow, I've seen some good quotes in the current season so I'm looking forward to people using those. Turn is open.
Errinundra

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:17 am Reply with quote
From a fansub:

She says most of the time she doesn’t know what to do with the people so she kills them off to get rid of them.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Key

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:52 pm Reply with quote
Have zero clue where this quote is from but I'm intrigued about the answer.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Errinundra

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:18 pm Reply with quote
Hint # 1: spoiler[The speaker is the anime's protagonist - she is describing the predilictions of another member of her club.]
dtm42

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:00 pm Reply with quote
Fansubs in this day and age? Likely to be some Netflix or Amazon show. My hunch is Kakegurui based on the hint but I am both at work and on a phone and can't research the show.
Raftina

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:09 pm Reply with quote
It is possible, but an equally like explanation is that this title is not licensed where errinundra lives.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:05 pm Reply with quote
Or it's from a really old show that only has fansubs.
Errinundra

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 2:46 am Reply with quote
Hint #2: spoiler[The speaker of the quote and the subject of the quote are best friends, go to the same school and both have braided twin tails. Visual differences include the speaker having thick red plaits that hang free, while the subject has sparse black plaits looped into circles and tied with bows, usually red.]
Errinundra

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 6:09 pm Reply with quote
Hint #3: spoiler[The speaker is describing to her normally stern, but in this instance bemused, foster carer the activities of the story writing club she formed at school. The enthusiastic speaker is unaware how odd her account is out of context.]
Errinundra

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:13 pm Reply with quote
Hint #4: spoiler[The foster carer and her brother took in this orphan in this anime adaptation of a popular Canadian novel first published in 1908.]
Raftina

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:56 pm Reply with quote
This is spoiler[Anne Shirley describing Diana Barry's lack of imaginative endings to her stories. She is talking to Marilla Cuthbert. Anne of Green Gables].
Errinundra

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:11 pm Reply with quote
Raftina wrote:
This is spoiler[Anne Shirley describing Diana Barry's lack of imaginative endings to her stories. She is talking to Marilla Cuthbert. Anne of Green Gables].

Perfect. Your turn, Raftina.

I have a sister called spoiler[Marilla].

And Vaisaga's theory was the best.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 5 of 32