• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Bleach Manga to End in 74th Volume

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jr240483

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 12:33 am Reply with quote
AceLuffy4Ever wrote:
Do you guys think they will pull a Inuyasha Final Act with Bleach

doubt it. considering how poorly the thousand blood war arc have been received, there is a zero chance of this arc getting the final act treatment. unless there is a lot of support for the series that is.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
COREY2293

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 12:35 am Reply with quote
If true then it confirms that Bleach is going to have a terrible ending... I cant believe it

I love bleach, i just cant see how they tie up the loose ends, defeat the bad guy, give everyone a satisfying conclusion in the next few chapters.
Shirohae

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 1:28 am Reply with quote
I liked Bleach way before and after Aizen's arc, it went downhill...I'm kind of glad its gonna end because its been dragging on way too long with pointless fights...I mean, some of them were good but i think its time for Bleach to end and I hope the ending is satisfying..
TrueZangetsu

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 2:10 am Reply with quote
That makes no sense. What about the fulkbringers, the two badass dad's and all the other stuff that was foreshadowed?

If this is true, which I doubt atm, then bleach is being axed.

No other way to see this if it's true
TrueZangetsu

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 2:12 am Reply with quote
jr240483 wrote:
AceLuffy4Ever wrote:

doubt it. considering how poorly the thousand blood war arc have been received, there is a zero chance of this arc getting the final act treatment. unless there is a lot of support for the series that is.

None of what you said ie true tbh. The Ann community really spits on this arc while the fans mostly received it positively, especially the first half of it which was fantastic
Dextres

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 2:26 am Reply with quote
Well I got mixed feelings about this; but putting those feelings aside, I hope the following happens with the main characters if the other loose ends don't be covered:

spoiler[

-Ichigo's fate that the current captain commander ominous hinted at while Ichigo had his zanpatou reforged.

- Juha defeat or destruction and his backstory with the soul king(daddy issues and the whole business behind it.

-What happens to Hashwald now that that sole person/king he has dedicated his life for has abandoned him.

-Aizen role here, that needs major attention to.

-Finally I guess, will be an epilogue, open end, ganax ending(yes I am using tv troupes), to wrap the series up.

]

Finally I would like to say the 1000 year blood war arc should be rewritten and cover up all the loose ends here; but their nothing else that can be say:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nx1jPAvCEzA

Here's to hoping the bleach anime returns and the anime watchers recieve the series with faith; including stay faithful to the source material.
NateSelwyn25

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 2:35 am Reply with quote
Thank the gods it's over. Most people say it should have ended with Aizen, and I agree, because the final thing with Aizen was already a drop in story quality, in my opinion. Kubo is definitely a one-hit wonder, we won't be seeing much of him again.

There's about a 0.0005% chance of getting a revived anime: The ratings when the anime was cancelled were dreadful and the DVD sales here in the States weren't so hot either. Given how obscenely long this arc has been, I don't the animation studio is interested in trying to create a 60 or 75 episode anime with this.
CrowLia

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 2:46 am Reply with quote
TrueZangetsu wrote:

None of what you said ie true tbh. The Ann community really spits on this arc while the fans mostly received it positively, especially the first half of it which was fantastic

I've no idea of which fans you're talking about. Pretty much everyone agrees this arc has dragged for far too long. And given the manga's super low popularity in the WSJ votes, the Japanese audience thinks so too. And I'm saying this as someone who's passionately loved Bleach for years and thinks the neglect it suffered from WSJ was cruel and ungrateful, and getting axed like this when it was already so close to the end is just downright awful
TrueZangetsu

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 3:24 am Reply with quote
CrowLia wrote:

I've no idea of which fans you're talking about. Pretty much everyone agrees this arc has dragged for far too long. And given the manga's super low popularity in the WSJ votes, the Japanese audience thinks so too. And I'm saying this as someone who's passionately loved Bleach for years and thinks the neglect it suffered from WSJ was cruel and ungrateful, and getting axed like this when it was already so close to the end is just downright awful

Even I think that it is dragged out for too long, I too have my major complaints here and there. I don't feel like the sternritter are even half as memorable as the Espada were, which were treated pretty terribly by Kubo.
But all the revelations, bankais, The art, the narrative, the growth in some of the characters are what make me really love this arc. Mostly the thing with the revelations and explanations this arc has given us.

Bleach getting the axe now wouldn't be right. this arc has the potential to end in a perfect way with every little thing having its closure and I am sure Kubo was aiming for just that by bringing back all the old characters such as grimjow and fulbringers etc.

{Edit: Please refrain from excessive quoting.. I edited your post for you. ~ Psycho 101}
EducatedRuffian

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 4:23 am Reply with quote
Am I the only one who won't miss it when it goes? Hurry up I say. Then again, I say that and I'm one of the last few followers of Toriko.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 4:34 am Reply with quote
It began with a bang. I remember when at the conventions, everyone was all "Hail Aizen!"
Wandering Samurai

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 5:12 am Reply with quote
enurtsol wrote:
It began with a bang. I remember when at the conventions, everyone was all "Hail Aizen!"

Hopefully in the upcoming days it will be spoiler["Hail Chair-Sama!"] Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
SWAnimefan

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 6:45 am Reply with quote
All I can say is I'm not really going to miss this series. It was great in the first arc, and dragged on through the second. But that Fullbringer Arc completely ruined the series for me. Much like the fillers killing the anime.

Hard to believe the Big 3 Manga that lasted for decades, ultimately ended so horribly. I just hope Oda doesn't drop the ball like Kishimoto and Kubo did.
voltwaffle

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 8:11 am Reply with quote
Is it actually going to fully end or are they gonna just pull out a "new" manga like Kishimoto did with Boruto.
Ushio

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 8:17 am Reply with quote
j Talbain wrote:
AceLuffy4Ever wrote:

100% they will.

100% they won't.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7