• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Can You Name 10 More Anime from the 90s?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Paiprince

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 10:57 pm Reply with quote
7/10

Out of all those, Flame of Recca would probably be my favorite. I actually considered it to be the superior battle shounen compared to Yu Yu Hakusho.

Animegomaniac wrote:

As for who remembers Eden's Bowy, I love that show. It has two of the greatest idiots this side of absurdist theater. Plus, there's the catwoman president and her second in command, her thirteen year old niece. Then there's the other flying island, the gods, the angels, the godkillers, the dead girl who was brought back as a robot but not, the drunken swordmaster, the college grad student magician...

What a weird show. It's kind of like a 30s movie serial made through anime tropes. I can understand why it would be an acquired taste

I saw it a long time ago. All I can say about it was truly a product of its time, to put it nicely.
504NOSON2
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 5:14 am Reply with quote
Ask John wrote:
I guess I'm just old because I recognized all ten without even needing to look at the multiple choice answers.

Well, I'm 28, and I remember you answered an anime-related question for me when I was 14... so, you're a veteran in this thing Cool

Take pride in your encyclopedic knowledge of Japanese animation.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5