• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Justin Bieber Receives Frantic Welcome in Japan, Smooches AKB48

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Trypticon

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 4:55 am Reply with quote
As someone from Canada and a proud Canadian, I would like to apologize for Justin Bieber. Yeah, just a general, I'm sorry.

I would also like to apologize for Nickleback more so, especially since they're also from the same province as I am, I've even played with one of their old drummers a few times.

Just remember one thing; Rush came from Canada. The Tragically Hip, The Smalls, Billy Talent, Barenaked Ladies, Big Sugar, Ashley MacIsaac, Finger 11, Alexisonfire, Metric and The Matthew Good Band. All Canada.

Mostly Rush though; they make up for Justin Beiber and Nickleback. For the most part.
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 5:50 am Reply with quote
enurtsol wrote:
Like Leonardo DiCaprio didn't want to be only defined thru Jack Dawson?

Beats me. But I do find it funny that everyone praises his performance in Inception as if they always liked the guy, when 15 years ago it felt like every man would've wanted to personally decapitate him.
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 5:38 pm Reply with quote
leafy sea dragon wrote:

Beats me. But I do find it funny that everyone praises his performance in Inception as if they always liked the guy, when 15 years ago it felt like every man would've wanted to personally decapitate him.

I can't speak for others but what got me to like him was The Departed and Shutter Island. Those roles showed me his depth at acting. I also felt Great Gatsby was more deserving of an Oscar nomination than Wolf of Wall Street. Oh well. Back to the topic at hand.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 5:19 am Reply with quote
The other photo with caption:

Some comments:

• “Too cool. And I think Justin is definitely into Minami.”
    “What a lovely photo (*⌒▽⌒*)”
    “Awesome! Minami looks so cute!!!”
    “Justin, you bastard! You can have all of the others, but hands off Minami Takahashi!”
    “And to think I trusted her…”
    “I’m disappointed. He’s not a good man.”
    “Are you picking a fight with the Beliebers? Whoa, Minami Takahashi, your career is over.”
    “LOL You just made enemies of the millions of Beliebers around the world. I can’t believe you shared this photo on your own. Nobody would think that’s OK.”
    “Shave your head bald and make a public apology tomorrow!”
    “Ugly Minami, you’ll be killed by all of the Justin fans.”
    “Where do you get off saying ‘Thanks’ after being kissed? Try to keep your white guy fetish under control!”
    “I’m jealous. (*^-^*)”
Zalis116

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 9:50 am Reply with quote
HeeroTX wrote:
leafy sea dragon wrote:
(The guy who plays Edward in the Twilight flms, on the other hand, seems to get a free pass.)

I think the guy that plays Edward "gets a free pass" because he has several times flat out stated that he thinks the Twilight story is terrible and that he hates it. Kind of hard to hold a work against someone when they agree that it is awful.
Of course, it also helps that he was first known for his role in a much more respected franchise.

Trypticon wrote:
Just remember one thing; Rush came from Canada. The Tragically Hip, The Smalls, Billy Talent, Barenaked Ladies, Big Sugar, Ashley MacIsaac, Finger 11, Alexisonfire, Metric and The Matthew Good Band. All Canada.

Mostly Rush though; they make up for Justin Beiber and Nickleback. For the most part.
And also Hey Rosetta!, Arcade Fire, Sam Roberts Band, Tokyo Police Club, and Low Level Flight, more recently.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5